Tuesday, June 12, 2018

This and That Tuesday!


It has been another one of those weeks, hopefully things will settle down now and I can try and relax again. It was also stressful for Bean, he hates loud noises and having an air show with jets, did not help. He kept trying to run to the car and get in, I guess he thought we would drive him to the beach and the noise would go away, lol.


Another thing that happened was with Alex. Last night he got into his brothers hot sauce and had a reaction. I am not sure of the details, but his dad had his surgery this morning, so I haven't been able to talk to them yet. I am glad it was not a bad reaction and this way they can figure out what he is allergic to, so it won't happen again. I am almost suspect that he rubbed it into his eyes, it seems the rest of him is ok.


Today I decided I needed a fun day, so we went to the beach. This is my favorite spot for now, but I know more people will find it as the summer goes along. It is mostly rocks, so not a great beach site, it is just one section in a row of sections that go for miles, so lots of room for the regular beach goers. We enjoy swimming there as well, the other sections are sandy and start out shallow, so you can play in the waves without going too deep. It is a bit warped looking, not the actual layout.


And of course my favorite pastime, beach combing. We found a lot of nice larger pieces and old pottery. Some is just laying on the beach, some we dig for and some washes up with the waves. Tomorrow looks like rain, so a good day to find some more glass jars, I am almost out of room, for all the new pieces.


8 comments:

julieQ said...

Those tiny pieces of precious blue glass certainly shine out!!!

acorn hollow said...

oh that poor baby!!! It does look like he rubbed it in his eyes.
what operation did your son have and how is he doing? I remember the issues he was having.
what a week for you, poor Bean I wonder if a thunder jacket would help him.
But like I said we are in the middle of Bike week and all we hear are bikes at work. So we are staying tucked in the woods until it passes.
Cathy

Karen said...

Hope things settle down for you soon.

Sandi said...

May the rest of the month settle down for you and all in your family! Geez, even poor old Bean! And July 4th is coming on quickly.

Lovely beach day!

Raymond Homestead said...

Poor little Alex, bless his heart, and poor little Bean doggone it!

Fiona said...

Oh dear, poor little guy..... I hope he, and your son are both recovering well..... lovely glass and pebbles.... Poor Bean - I don't like loud noises either!

Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

Poor Alex. I hope it cleared up quickly. Speedy recovery to your son.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Poor Bean!! Is he like that with fireworks as well? Folks have started with the fireworks here already, I hate it, so hard to sleep, lol, and I worry about the fawns. You got some beautiful pieces of glass!
I hope Alex is feeling better, that couldn't have been fun...