Friday, June 15, 2018

Change of Plans!


My husband was given two weeks for recovery before he went back to work. Originally we had planned on taking our anniversary trip this coming week, but I cancelled it. At the time we had no idea what would happen and I had to make a decision so I didn't lose my down payment.

The other day his supervisor calls to see if he was planning on coming back or still taking his vacation since it was already planned and they did have a replacement. So, now our vacation is back on and no place to go. We have done stay at home vacations and those are fun, but when we came back from the beach yesterday, I checked the campground and not only did they have an opening, but on the spot we have always wanted and it is never available. I took that as a sign that we should go camping.

This is the campground near the ocean. The bad thing is no dogs on the regular beaches, but there is one that is dog friendly. This is a photo from April, so it looks dismal without the trees in bloom, but that is our little trailer to the left and the new site with the arrow. It is a huge space and no neighbors close by, so great for Bean too. It will be a nice place to just relax and enjoy the views of the inlet.


Of course we got to enjoy some beach time this week. Yesterday we found a nice batch of treasures and not too many people on the beach.


Today it was rainy, but we took a chance and went down to shop and then hit the beach. The rain stayed away and we got a little drizzle, but it was a nice day to just walk on the beach and no one was around, so I was finding glass, laying on the beach. It was nice just walking and not bending so much. We will be camping on Monday, so I may post some photos later in the week, it will all depend on what day we come back. I am still working with a neighbor who might watch the kitties, otherwise we will have to come back to feed them and clean up the litter.

I have been getting lots of ideas for my glass and pebbles, so after a ( hopefully) stress free week, I can get back into creating again. I will bring my art supplies too, so maybe I can do a new summer freebie for everyone.




8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy to hear you are able to take your vacation.
Your beach glass finds always amaze me!
Enjoy your time away.

acorn hollow said...

So happy for you that it all worked out! We are in for summer weather so enjoy and relax!
Cathy

Saundra said...

Glad things worked out in your favor after all.

Karen said...

You certainly find a lot of the glass pieces. Are you just lucky or is it plentiful?

Allie-oops Designs said...

Yep, I would take that as a huge sign you should go camping!!! How wonderful, can't wait to see your pics when you get back! Have a great time!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Have a good time on your vacation. It looks like an enjoyable place to have a relaxing time off.

Fiona said...

enjoy your break away....
Hugz

Julie Fukuda said...

Sometimes things work out almost better than planned. Glad you could enjoy your free time.