Friday, June 1, 2018

Friday Finish!


This week has been a whirlwind of activity and stress. One thing that helps me to relax is working on a new project, one that I can finish and enjoy for the season. I saw a photo of one of Cheri's old patterns and loved it and thought it would make a nice pillow for the summer. I tend to go with Americana now and keep it throughout the summer.

I printed the photo and recopied it, into a pattern. Then I changed the saying and kept mine simple without the extra stars and stitching. I also used fusible so I could stitch it, raw edge and when it was finished, I added a bit of walnut stain.

If you like the design or want to join Cheri's group, you can go to Quilts by Cheri: Friendship Group. It is a wonderful group of ladies and and a way to keep Cheri's memory alive, with friends and the love of stitching. I have put the design I used, on the group.

I want to thank everyone for your comments and prayers. I tried to answer comments, but Blogger is not sending mail to me, so I may have missed some. Bill is doing well, he had a 90% block in his main artery so it could have killed him, but he went to the clinic just in time, they gave him nitro and sent him to the hospital and with treatment and a few stents, he has no visible heart damage. My son will be having surgery next week to remove one of his thyroids, and hopefully he will not need long term medicine.

I hope  you all have a wonderful weekend. I plan on resting and visiting the kids, then we can get out next week without the crowds.


10 comments:

julieQ said...

Wow! I am grateful your darling is OK...and praying for good things about the thyroid!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Another fun finish.
So happy hubby is doing well and wishing a speedy recovery to your son after his surgery.
Blogger is not sending me emails either. ARGH!

Kris said...

Oh, your pillow is fabulous, Debbie!! Glad to hear hubby is doing well and prayers for your son's surgery!! One way to get the comments is to post a comment yourself and then check the box that email follow-up comments!! It's a roundabout way with all this privacy stuff that is going on!! Argghhhh!

Kate said...

Kris's idea works well for receiving comments but the downside is that all are 'no reply' (for me). I love your pillow Debbie. It's so nice to read that Bill is doing well. Enjoy the weekend. It's raining here, lightly, but it's rain for a very dry area and everything is looking so lush. ^^

Saundra said...

Nice pillow. I'm not getting comments into my personal email any longer either so am sure I'm missing responding to people. Wish Blogger (Google) would get their act together.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Lovely pillow!! I've been praying for your hubby and son, and will continue. SO VERY GLAD Bill got to the doctor in time!!!!

Fiona said...

Glad Bill is okay.... phew, what a shock.... Your little pillow is lovely and thank goodness for our stitching to help us relax.
I have been making a comment to myself on the blog then ticking that little box that says email follow up comments. It does send them but as a no reply blogger (mostly I have peoples addresses though). Not the best resolution but it does help - hopefully it will be sorted soon
Hugz

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love your finishes and so happy to hear that your husband is doing well. That is very scary! Best of luck to your son and his surgery. What would we do without our needlework? I think that everyday....it really is a good stress reliever! God Bless and take care!

acorn hollow said...

I always love your work. I hope your husband is getting better by the day and your son is on the mend.
Cathy

Rosemary said...

oh i love this one too! Do you know what its called in the files in the group? There are gobs of patterns there