Sunday, June 24, 2018

Camping Week!


Yesterday we came home from our camping trip and I hated leaving, but it sure is nice to be home and have the space and conveniences of home. Did I get any sewing done? Of course not, I was too busy going to the beach and just enjoying the views.

A few days we went up to the lake, where we also camp, to go for a swim and let Nick enjoy the shallow waters. The water is much warmer than the ocean, maybe next week when it gets hot, I will go in the ocean.

Nick loved the lake, I think he would have been happy to stay there all day, so I will need to find some last minute openings at the lake camp.



After the lake we took him to our camp for lunch and a little relaxing. Then we hit the beach and he loved that too. I was surprised how brave he was in the water and didn't mind the cold. He an Bean love playing together, and they both love to jump.



Of course we can't go anywhere with Bean, he wants to play with everyone and the kids love him.



When not at the beach, we relaxed at camp. We took a few walks and rode our bikes and Bean loved the extra large space to play in.



And most nights we had a bit of a sunset. The fog and clouds near the ocean, tend to obscure the sun, but on this night, we were treated to a spectacular display, in front of our camp.



And of course beach combing. The tide was out in the late afternoon, so we waited till the main beach closed and combed the beach with Bean. Later in the week, we went to the lighthouse when the tide was out early and found some nice pieces, washed up on the rocks. I was thrilled to find a marble, my first one. I keep the special pieces in a jar for me and some will be made into gifts and some into art. I have been getting ideas, and hoping to work on some this week.

I hope everyone had a nice week. I plan on starting my vacation, this week, when Bill goes back to work, lol. I have been cleaning and getting things done this weekend, so I can relax and work on my paintings too.


10 comments:

Fiona said...

It looks just lovely Debbie and very relaxing..... great to see both Nick and Bean having such fun in the water...
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

So wonderful you got to be with your grandson! What fun!
You always find the best sea glass.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Nick looked like he was having a ball!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful place! Looks perfect.
Enjoyed seeing all the fun in your photos.

Julie Fukuda said...

Boy, does that look like a treat!
LOVED THE PICTURES!

Sandi said...

Looks like you managed to have some good weather and meet some good people and find some great treasures.

That sunset caps it all!

Saundra said...

I'm guessing that dolphin/grandson/Bean photo was photo shopped....right?

Karen said...

I don't think about the ocean being cold up your way but had seen a comment on one of your posts that the water must be "freezing". You get a lot of quality time with your grandsons.

moosecraft said...

Where there is a lake, there is always a good time! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds that you had a wonderful time during your vacation.Nice place to enjoy and get relaxed! Kids are growing. As they grow they feel brave!