Friday, September 13, 2019

New Pattern Winner and a freebie for all!


I was able to finish the new pattern this week, though it took longer than usual. The last fall landed me on my elbows, so my arm is still recovering from that. I made it larger, which actually makes it harder for me, I am better with smaller designs and detail.

The punching is not the best and I wish I had gone out and gotten new floss, but I love the design and how it is a bit of history and a bit of whimsey.

The lighthouse is the Ledge Lighthouse which is off the coast of Connecticut, which is reported to be haunted. The perfect place for the ghostly sailor to sail by.

And to add to the fun, guess what number the generator picked? Lucky number 13, lol! So, the winner is Rugs and Pugs! Please send me an email and I will attach the pattern to the return mail.

The finished piece is 6" x 7". I have added a button to the side bar that links to my selling site. For some reason, PayPal is not letting me use their code for a link, so this way you can see the pattern and link to that, to purchase one, if you would like to make your own. This would be fun as a rug, or applique, which I may try myself.

The colors are better in person, I needed to keep it light for the pattern and printing.


And for those who want to make something fun for Halloween, I have gotten permission to share this older pattern. I did the piece and the write up for the magazine, Mercantile Gatherings, from Tiffany's design. I miss her website, lots of freebies and wonderful prim designs.

Have fun and remember to give credit to the designer, when posting a photo. You can use Primitive Blessings, which is her old store name.

Have a wonderful weekend!



7 comments:

Karen said...

I still don't do punch needle but wow! Lots of detail in your design.

acorn hollow said...

congrats Lauren! love the free gift thank you!
Cathy

Deb said...

I just love your lighthouse piece, it captures the haunted history with the spooky sailor going by. Thank you for the freebie too.

Saundra said...

Very nice designs. I do more hooking than needlepunch tho.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lauren ,beautiful work,well done and it is such a lovely design ,Thankyou for sharing xx

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lucky me :)
Thank you!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your spooky nautical piece turned out great!!! I am putting it on my bucket list to do...some day when I can breathe again LOL. And congrats to GT....errr...Lauren... Lucky thang! Love, love, love the cat design too... Dang...my bucket list overfloweth LOL. Hope you’re enjoying your Sunday!