Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekend Wanderings and freebie fun!


This weekend we spent some time at the beach and I got a few pieces of glass, but not as much as in the spring. The next day was a day with the boys.

We took them to the orchard so I could stock up on apples and I let the boys pick the apples and get their own bag to take home.  Nick checked each apple for bad spots, before he picked them and Alex had to check with Grandpa first, before we put it in the bag.


They loved the tractor ride, but Alex was a bit nervous at first,  with the bumpy ride. We let them pick out their own pumpkin to take home and Alex had to get in to make sure he got the right one.


We ended the day with time at Pachaug state park. The day had warmed up so the boys got to go for a swim and play in the water. The highlight for me was when Nick told me, he was having the best day today. The low point was when it was time to go, Alex threw a fit and was carried away, kicking and screaming, and it ended up with him spitting at Bill. I think he was over tired since he didn't get a nap.

To the left of this photo is the camp we were thinking of going seasonal at, now I wish I had. I had forgotten how beautiful it is there and there is a long river to paddle on.


Sometimes I like to make something simple and fun for the holidays. A friend gave me some old bottles and I decided to decorate them with fun labels. There are lots of places that offer free ones. I just printed them out on copy paper, let them dry overnight, then I put them on with antique decoupage. This way I can wash them off, after the holidays and add other antique medicine labels.

Here are a few places with labels, but you can find more by searching on the internet.

My Two Cents

Kitty Baby Love


7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

those boys hate to leave you. Such wonderful memories. Love your medicine bottles.
Cathy

Lady Locust said...

Just fun times. Happy Fall.

Fiona said...

I think those boys have just the best times with you.... so fun... I love what you did with the bottles...
Hugz

gracie said...

I always enjoyed the NE at this time of year and apple picking!

Rugs and Pugs said...

The labels are F-U-N!

Julie Fukuda said...

The boys seem to have made much of the day. No wonder it was hard to stop.

Susan said...

You can still go a season there - next year! What a wonderful day you had with the boys. They do get tired and then act up, but we love them anyway, and understand. I love the bottle idea, especially washing and reusing. I will have to look for some fun bottles to try it. Thank you!