Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday Finishes!


This week I wanted to try something new and fun to decorate with. Also, my walls are a mess, so anything I can cover them with, is a bonus.

The first piece I made was a vintage halloween game board. I found the design on the internet and printed it out on card stock. I usually do that at night, to give the ink, time to set. Then I painted a board and antiqued that. I used antique decoupage to put it onto the board, and then more on top. Another good reason to let the ink set, you will have to press out any bubbles that form under the paper. An old credit card is great for smoothing it out.

I sprayed it with matte spray, once it was dry, then added jute for a hanger. You can also find nice boards at the craft stores now. I love how it came out, something I saw in a store, but for me it was cost free, since I had all the supplies.


Then I made two more with vintage postcards. I love the look of old postcards and there are a lot of sites that share them.


And this is where they went, behind my halloween tree. I also found some fun pumpkin bells and more vintage tags to add to the tree. Not the best photo, looks much better in person.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have another nice one, so I am hoping to get to the beach and lower tides. Last week the kids were all sick and I guess we all got it at the same time, since I got the same thing. But, I still got out and enjoyed some time at the bay, a beautiful view of the bridge and sailboats, from a new spot that we found.


8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

The game board and vintage postcards came out great.
I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy the weekend.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Soooo clever!

susan hemann said...

love them!

Carol Swift said...

A Halloween tree is a great idea and those postcards look beautiful behind it. I love the look of vintage and you did an amazing job on the game board!

acorn hollow said...

How I love that game board! Looks wonderful
cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

I have a friend who keeps a tree and decorates it for all seasons. Her outdoor lights change with the seasons too.
With a Halloween birthday, maybe I should get more into it as well. I've noticed the shops here in Tokyo started pushing halloween stuff since mid September ... and years ago, they knew nothing about the holiday. No trick or treat yet so I can still enjoy a quiet dinner without racing to the door.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the vintage gameboard. What a great idea to make your own! The postcards are nice too.

Karen said...

I have long thought I would like a Halloween decorated tree but have never done anything about making it happen.