Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wool and Wabbits

Today I washed a load of wool from a shelf. I have been storing my extra in the basement and the cats have been using it as a bed. So, I throw the worst pieces away and wash the rest, then I am storing it in drawers and putting the dyed wools on the shelfs in my room.

This is what I got out of the dryer today. This pile is undyed wools, all thrifts. Some are so dark, I will not dye it, but use as is.
It is not the best for hooking, but some can be dyed and used to hook and some will go into wool sewing projects.



This is already dyed, pieces I shelved, or some from previous projects. So it is a mix of thrift and new wools. Once I get all the wool washed and semi organized, I will reorganize it again into piles for hooking and sewing. Some of the wool has been washed several times, so it is too thick, but works great for small projects.



I worked on my new cross stitch and messed up by grabbing the wrong blue. So, I spent a lot of time taking out stitches.
For a break, I sit on the porch with my coffee. I love it in the early evening and the bunnies come out to play and enjoy the clover.



And for those of you who wanted to know what the inside of Lauri's cabin looks like, she sent me a photo. She is thinking about renting it out. It is perfect for a getaway and central to a lot of areas in Maine. The stairs lead to a loft, where we slept, it is really nice and cozy, with all the amenities, so much better than a stuffy hotel.

10 comments:

Lynn Barbadora said...

You have been busy! Love the picture of the wabbit! What a cozy little cabin tha tlooks lie!
Hugs,
Lynn

moosecraft said...

All those lovely woolies are all ready to be used when the weather cools down... great idea! I've been trying to hook, but too hot. LOL! That cabin is awesome! We used to rent a cabin by a lake in Maine for two weeks at a time when I was a kid... GREAT way to enjoy a vacation! She should do real good with renting it out, it's gorgeous!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Oh that cabin looks like a lovely place to sit, relax, and hook!
I'm sure wool is a nice, cozy place for the kitties to nap.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Rock River Stitches said...

Wow what a stash of wool! I need to find more but it seems the goodwill doesn't have any during the summer months. I love to out on my deck in the evening and watch the bunnies and birds too. The other night I was sitting on top steps of our deck and a baby bunny hopped out from under the hostas up onto the bottom step. I wished I could have gotten a picture of it. So cute. Oh and that cabin does look cozy! I love staying in cabins!


Tammy

Joanne said...

Lauri is a sweetheart and her cabin is gorgeous - lucky you!

Looks like you have a lot of wonderful wool to play with and some fun ahead in the dye pots!

Deb said...

Laurie's cabin looks a lot like my sisters place on Long Island - rustic charm.

Love all those wools. I can't blame the kitties from sleeping on them though - so soft.

Soggibottom said...

You throw things away ?
X X X
:-)

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

Love the wool ~ it dyed up lovely. And the cabin ~ to die for. Wishing for some lovely cool weather here in Georgia. Fall can't come soon enough.

soggibottom said...

I love the s/wheel. Beautiful cabin.
It looks as if you have been terribly busy.
Great way to take coffee watching the buns x x x
I missed the bunny picture last time I made a visit. sorry :-) X X X

Tolentreasures said...

Great cabin, wonderful wool. What a nice trip and place to stay!

Cathy