Friday, March 29, 2024

Working on Friday!

 

This week has been more of a planning week. Dinner plans, cleaning and getting out when we can, so not as much time for projects. I have been working on a Christmas quilt. I am hand sewing, since I want to keep it prim, so just a simple outline with an X.



Last weekend we went to a concert, that Nick was playing in. Usually he plays the Glockenspiel but this time he played the Cymbals. 



The next day we went for a ride around the beach areas. We saw a lot of Ospreys, I thought this one was funny, the way she was looking at her mate.



This pair had quite the look, as well. 



During the week we had extra time for a local walk. We went on our bike path and enjoyed a long walk and water views. I spotted this Great Egret on the way back.



A squirrel along the path.



A Mockingbird, giving me the look.



And we spotted a Belted Kingfisher in the cove. It is a nice bike path, but walking gave us the opportunity to enjoy the nature along the way.



Today we had time to do a little shopping and ride around the scenic route. As we were riding past the marsh, I spotted a hawk, who was on the hunt so it was hovering as it flew. We were able to ride ahead a little, so I could catch a shot as it came up. The first time I was able to get a shot of a Northern Harrier.

Tomorrow will be spent getting things ready for Easter and some time for a walk. The weather will be nice, so we can do an Easter egg hunt for the boys. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

You caught some great foul...er, fowl....expressions in these photos Debbie. Sounds like an enjoyable week. I'm glad your weather will be cooperating for an egg hunt! Wishing you a wonderfully blessed Easter! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Yeah Nick! He is looking so grown up.
Your last photo is truly amazing.
Happy Easter ;-)

Fiona said...

Good for Nick, it's great to be able to go and see him perform.... great bird pictures...
Hugz