Friday, March 22, 2024

Friday finish!

 

While I am working on my hand quilting, I like to have a small project to finish. I also like to make something new for the holidays, just for fun. This week I wanted to make a needle felted egg and I found a design from an online coloring book page. It is a bit wonky, but it was fun to make and something different.



Last week we did a ride around the beach areas and got in some walks. One of the places we went to, is a bird sanctuary that goes to a cove, but no birds. When we went to get back in the car, a hawk flew past me and landed across the street. Once I got back in the car, he came back and went back to the hunt. Unfortunately, as you can see in the last photo, he was unsuccessful.



At another cove, I caught a Blue Heron on the hunt. They are fun to watch and this guy was successful in catching a few fish.



We had Bean on one day, he loves going out with us and playing at the dog beach.



It is a nice beach to walk along and enjoy the views across the channel, lots of fishing boats.



On one of the docks, I was trying to get some photos of birds in the channel, when these two flew over to me. They were quite friendly and even more so, with each other.

 


And had no shame in getting together in front of me.



Today we took a hike in a new area. It is called the Great Swamp and there are trails all through it and surrounded by a lot of swamp area. When we came out of the woods, we ended up at a beautiful pond and spotted a few Ring-necked ducks.



And the reason we went there was because I saw that there are a lot of nests in the area. We spotted two Osprey nesting on the telephone poles. There are other nests, but these were the only two that had come in. It is an area we will definitely go back to, I am sure it will be teaming with birds by next month.

I hope you all had a nice week and can enjoy the weekend. We have rain tomorrow, but will be going to Nick's school concert. He is playing the Glockenspiel this year. He also plays the piano, so he is definitely musically inclined. 

The Osprey are out of range, so I couldn't get close ups. We have a lot of nesting areas, so we are watching for more to come in this month.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your Easter egg is wonderful Debbie. Fun little project. I have a small Easter piece I stitched last spring and all I have to do is finish it fully but haven't managed to do it yet. Bean is so photogenic. I love his pose. As always, love the bird photos - the doves are my favorite this time around though. Sounds like inclement weather this weekend all over the place. We had about 5" of snow Friday morning and are to get another 6-10" starting tomorrow afternoon. I've been over the white stuff for a while now already. Obviously. Mother Nature and Old Man Winter don't care what I think. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am always envious of all the great places you have around you to enjoy the water and furry/feathered creatures!