Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday Finish!

 

I had big plans to finish my quilt, but that didn't happen. Instead I spent most of the week with a sinus infection and joint pain, so I rested a lot. Since I can't stand just sitting, I worked on another quilt I had prepared for quilting, so did some hand quilting.

Then I found this cute design and it made me smile, so I had to make it. It is an old design that I found on Pinterest. A design by Sami's Stitcheries and was offered as a freebie. You can still get the pattern download on Box.



Last week we got out for a ride before the rains came. We took Bean with us, so stopped at a few places to enjoy the views and let him enjoy some outdoor time. I always love the views from the Breachway, the waves were crashing.



Then we went to the dog beach, and Bean got to play off leash and made a new friend.



At the end of the beach, sits this house with a lighthouse. It is a private home and a place I would love to live.





Before we left I went to the marsh side and tried to catch a few birds I saw in the bush. Then I spotted this guy. Of course, once he saw that I was taking photos, he took off.



On the way home we spotted the new couple, this one is lighter.



And this one is the darker one, both beautiful Red-tailed Hawks. This weekend we have more rain coming in, but it should be overnight, so that won't be so bad. It does make it hard to get out hiking, since most of the trails we hike, are in swampy areas. I hope you all have a nice weekend and not stuck in the storms path.



4 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

The egret (?) in flight is a great picture!
The house with attached lighthouse...I could live there, too ;-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

That house is wonderful!! I don't know who couldn't/wouldn't live there! Do you suppose the lighthouse is functioning and used? I agree with Lauren - the photo of the egret is incredible!! Enjoy you hikes! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

great finish and pictures as always.
We got about 5 inches of snow but the sun is out and there is melting but tonight the winds will come in to about 50mph and get very cold so ick!!!
Cathy

Fiona said...

I love the picture with the waves. Hope you are feeling better
Hugz