Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Finish!

 

Well, I finished my quilting, but then I got sick and it affects my joints, so I wasn't up to trimming and adding the binding, so that will be next week. Since I was down for the day, I decided to make up some simple stitcheries. I cannot just sit, I need to keep my hands busy and it keeps my mind off my misery. 

I took some old designs I had from Robin of Bird in the Hand Primitives. I had done these in punch needle but they work for stitchery too. The boy bunny has always been my favorite. A fun project to stitch in a day. You can still find some of her free patterns on her blog.



We got out over the weekend. We took a ride to Mystic village to check out a few stores but nothing good. I did enjoy watching the ducks in the pond.



Then we rode around the old routes and visited a preserve. It was a short walk and had an old cemetery. This grave was sitting by itself, a sign of the times.



Another day we did the ride around the back roads along the ocean areas. I spotted this Merganser at one spot.



And this Mockingbird was kind enough to sit for a pose.



At one area I spotted a little bird and grabbed a shot before he flew away. It was a Yellow-rumped warbler. Sometimes I can't tell what type of bird they are, until I see the full photo and can see the details, so always a treat. On the way back home I spotted a Red-tailed Hawk in a tree, so stopped for a photo and just as we started up, I saw another a few trees up, so I guess they are mates.

I hope everyone enjoyed their week and hopefully this weekend. We have rain tomorrow, so we are having the kids over for dinner and a little party for my son's birthday. Hopefully Sunday will be nice enough to get out a bit.




4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Even when you are not feeling well you get a lot accomplished. Your bunnies are too sweet. While I love all the birds, I would have ignored them completely if there was an old cemetery around. The stones and the histories they whisper are so fascinating to me. Sunny and lovely weather here today although I hear the winds are to return tomorrow. Happy birthday to your son...my little grand will be 1 tomorrow. I don't know where that year went. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

The bunnies are just too stinkin' cute!
Great shot of the mockingbird!
Happy birthday to your son ;-)

Fiona said...

great stitcheries and I love the bird pictures.... I always find old graves quite interesting
Hope you are feeling better...
Hugz

Jacqueline said...

I too find old cemeteries interesting. Hope you are feeling better.