Friday, April 5, 2024

Friday; Will be working on!


 I am still working on my hand quilting, but finally at the top design. Once that is done, then the border and putting it all together. The next quilt I want to do is one I made years ago and planned on doing fancy free motion on. 

The fabrics in this quilt were gifted to me by Barbara Brackman. I made it with a center design, thinking it would go on our bed, but it would need more edge, to do that. I will finish as is and it will be a summer, Americana quilt. I am going to have to decide on the quilting, maybe not too fancy, but it will be machine quilted. There is a darker red, solid border on it.



This weekend, we enjoyed time with the kids. We had a fun Easter egg hunt. 



I also got a croquet set and the boys enjoyed playing a few rounds with me. 



Over the weekend we were able to get out for a bit and enjoyed a ride around the beach areas. I got a surprise when I saw two birds, fighting in the sky. I was able to get a quick shot before they flew off. A juvenile Eagle was trying to get a fish from an Osprey.



We also found another Osprey couple, who made a home near the ocean road. The male had a nice catch and the female was upset that he was eating without her.



He finally flew up and gave her the rest.



Today we spent the afternoon on the island. I never get sick of the view from the cliffs.



And we found a bit of beach treasures today. I really need to start making things with all the treasures. I hope you all had a good week and get to enjoy the solar eclipse. I got some glasses so I can watch it this time. 



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

That quilt is gorgeous! And I love all your beachy treasures. Those driftwood pieces are especially cool. Looks like the boys enjoyed the hunt...I miss those days. ~Robin~

Fiona said...

Such a lovely quilt and rich colours... looks like a great weekend was had... croquet is such a fun family game...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

Nice beach haul!
I am almost on the centerline of the solar eclipse, but the weather is looking very iffy at this time. Praying it improves!