Friday, March 15, 2024

Friday finish!

 

I finally got the binding on my quilt and finished it this week. It is one of the first quilts I put together, so I used materials I had on hand. Now I need to get some backings on others and quilt a few more. I am thinking of buying larger quilt backing, so I don't have to piece fabric for the back, but also think it would be good to use up some stash, so I will think about it. The photo makes it look brighter than in person.



We got to enjoy some time at the island this week. I have found a few pieces on nice glass, but not as much as usual. I do enjoy getting out in the fresh air and there are more birds coming in and migrating. I always love seeing the Mergansers, they are such a funny bird.



And more Gulls in the area. Some are shy and some will pose for me.



Today we got out for a nice walk at the bird sanctuary, then to the ocean. Lots of rocks on this beach, but no glass. The Ospreys are showing up, they have their nesting areas and come back every year. The old timers have the same nest and are the early ones, to make sure no one else takes the nest. I also saw turtles in the pond, a sure sign of spring.

I hope you all had a nice week and can get out and enjoy the weekend. 



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congratulations on getting your beautiful pinwheel quilt bound. I love, love, love the colors and design. You really did an amazing job on it. You are so fortunate to have such wonderful areas to explore so near to you. The last collage of photos is my very favorite. I would love to walk that secluded path! Cold and very windy weekend here....I'll be tucked in me thinks. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great job for one of your first quilts!

Fiona said...

Your quilt is just fantastic, I love it.....

Hugz