Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!

 

I hope everyone has had a nice holiday week. We do not celebrate the new year, just another day for me. I just live for the day, trying to find joy in the moments and keeping busy. I also got a request for masks, 22 of them. I prefer to do a few at a time, it is rough on my arms, lots of cutting and sewing with the 3D masks, but I do like making them. I just wish there was an easier way so I could make more. I see so many people selling masks that do not fit properly and made with thin materials, and they charge more. 

These masks are going to a vet office, that my Niece works at. I made three styles so they can pick the ones they like.



Bill and I have been getting out when we can. The weather is colder and we get rain, but some days are nice enough to do a little exploring.



And we took the boys out,  to the lighthouse. 



It took about five minutes before they decided it as too cold, as you can see from this photo. We headed back to our house and all Nick wanted, was to jump in the hot tub, lol.



Today we got out for another ride and ended up going for a short hike. It was cold but nice to get out and get some exercise.



Along the ride we passed a lot of farms and quite a few Red Tailed Hawks.



And lots of old barns, most were falling down. 



We ended our ride at a pond, where the eagles hang out. We were lucky enough to spot them, but too far away and it was getting dark so I couldn't get a decent photo, but it was still nice to see them.

I hope you can get out and explore in your area, you never know what you will find.



9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I am double masking now when I go to work I have a few masks that fit well but I am still freaked out about this new strain so I double up.
You always take such nice pictures and so lucky to spend to much time with your grands.
Happy New Year
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

We were told to add a dried out baby wipe to our layers for filtering. Whatever works. So nice to see children outdoors!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Those are very nicely sewn masks. What a good shot of that red-tailed hawk! In winter, we have many hawks who unfortunately dine on our songbirds, so much so that I take the feeder down for a few days sometimes. But I know the hawks must eat, too.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ooooo....the boys do look cold LOL.... Hot chocolate season it is. I don't believe I've seen a red-tail hawk that close. We have an eagle nest right outside our front door here at the lake....but with the holiday weekend, the lake is covered with people ice fishing and snowmobiling so I have not seen much of them. We lose a great deal of privacy once the lake freezes as we are surrounded by water and people come as close as they can it seems. It's disconcerting to me. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

The picture of the hawk is amazing.
The boys sure did look cold!!!
Happy New Year...even if you didn't celebrate it.

Robin Leuschen said...

The boys are growing so fast :) ...We have tons of red tailed hawks here...My kids now spot them and their nests ( especially when the leaves fall ) High up in our trees....Almost makes me feel bad for all the little critters they prey on but hey,,,such is nature !

Susan said...

Wonderful nature pictures. It makes me think that as spring approaches, I will have to get out and about more, and take pictures. There are some beautiful forests within 100 miles of my house, in all directions, not to mention the Great Smoky Mountains National Park about 35 miles away.

QuiltGranma said...

Thank you for the nature and barn pictures. We have many hawks in this area, some are red tail, some are coopers, some are American Kestrals... oh wait, those are falcons.

moosecraft said...

A day out in the fresh air is so good for the spirits! You always find some beautiful places to walk! Happy New year!