Friday, January 15, 2021

Friday Finish, feathers and fun!

 

The fun thing about a new month is, a new project for the Stitch of the Month Club, by Kathy Schmitz. I really love this months design and wish there were more like it, so I could make a quilt from them. For now I decided to make a fun wall hanging and I added a saying that I thought was perfect for the design.

I used colored pencils and kept it bright and fun.



Last week we got out for some exploring. I have been studying areas with lakes or rivers and possible places where we might find Eagles. We found a beautiful section of river and I could hear birds in the trees, so I went in quietly and waited for them to move around. Not one would come out for a photo and just as I look up, I see something big with a white head fly by. By the time I got out to see it better, it had flown to the far end of the river. 

Not a great shot, but I spotted an immature Bald Eagle.




Our next stop was the state camping grounds, but they had it gated and I was not in the mood for a long walk to the camps. So, we headed to the other camp nearby for a short walk. We ended up finding a new trail and ended up walking for 3 miles. There was a lot of downfall but a nice quiet path, which is rare to find nowadays.



On the way back, we took the old fire road. Along the way we noticed a path that took us to this shed. I have no idea what it is for, but it is too small for anyone to sleep in, but it did have a lock originally. 



Another shack was nearby and taller, maybe an old outhouse? I did read that the CCC did work in the area, so maybe from that era.




Today Bill came home early so we could get out, before the rains come tomorrow. The tide was out, so the perfect time to go beach combing and get some fresh air. I got a nice haul today and I think I could have gotten a lot more if it wasn't so late. Winter weather tends to bring in more glass, so it's the perfect time to go.

I hope everyone had a wonderful week and this finds you all healthy. 



9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

you always have wonderful adventures. We are getting wind and rain and along the coast much worse so you should see all kinds of things on your next beach walk
cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

That's quite a haul of beach glass!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

You take such adventurous walks! Love the woods pics. The best place to see eagles here is our dump. I counted 12 in one tree once. Doesn’t make for good photo though

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet little snowfella...and the saying you chose couldn't be any more perfect. Nice haul on the beach glass! If I had a beach accessible, I'd be out collecting all the time I t hink. Those shed are, indeed, curious. Around these parts, there are many hunting blinds and such...but these don't have windows... Hmmm.... The two eagles that were born our first year at the lake come back frequently and I know it's them because they still stick together. fThey are still mostly all dark and I wouldn't know that they were eagles if I hadn't watch them grow up LOL. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend! ~Robin~

Olde Dame Holly said...

Beautiful seaglass and such a cute snowman. I wonder what that smaller shack held. Looks like it was secure storage for...something. I can't imagine why the inside part is so small.

Susan said...

Love your embroidery! What interesting places you find to explore.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love all your shots. My DIL is great at taking bird pictures but that would have been ling gone before I could have even got the camera open.

Deb said...

Love the embroidery and such a lovely place for a walk and all that beach glass how nice to find so much.

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE your little snowman!