Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday Finish and feathered friends!

 

This week I worked on finishing a new piece. I finished the stitching, but I still need to make it into a pillow, or maybe a wall hanging. I am not sure if I want to add a saying, it depends on what it looks like when I cut it down and add a border. The photo makes it look grainy but the colors are much brighter and smooth looking. I was trying to go for a pen and ink, with watercolor look.



We didn't do anything exciting last weekend. We rode around and realized we couldn't stop on the side of the road or down a back road with the trailer, so time to use the truck for exploring. We stopped at a bike path, but no parking so not sure how we can walk on it without parking, but we can park at the other end if we ride our bikes. I really wanted to explore a bit on the end, since that is the part that follows along the river.



I have had a lot of visitors this week, something to enjoy during the week. I think the young Downy Woodpeckers are the most fun. They are less afraid of me and they will hide behind the rails and peak out at me, but sometimes they are still enough to catch a shot of.



I also had a new visitor, a female Red Bellied Woodpecker. I had to shoot through the window, or she would take off. 




Today I was able to catch the male. He is a lot more skittish and it took three tries, just to shoot through the window. The minute he sees me move, he takes off, so I have to be sneaky.

You can see his belly in one photo, that is why they are called, Red Bellied Woodpeckers.



And a few others that I was able to capture. I used a different camera body with the zoom and in some ways, the photos are better, but it seems the camera has problems, so I may have to take it back for a fix. The focus wasn't always working and the menu wouldn't work sometimes, unless I shut off and on again. Luckily it is under warranty. It could be the lens, since I didn't have the problem with the other new lens. I guess I need to read my manuals, lol.



8 comments:

julieQ said...

What a lovely stitchery! Seems to me to be a garden shed...perfect! Your bird pictures are so fun!

Kate said...

I love your stitchery, Debbie, and am envious of your bird visitors. k^^

Olde Dame Holly said...

I think that baby Downy woodpecker is the cutest thing I have seen in months!

Robin Leuschen said...

I love your stitched piece !! Did you draw that or i mean is it your original art ?? its really sewwt !!

Rugs and Pugs said...

More amazing pics of feathered friends. Sweet.

Susan said...

I love your visitors, and they don't even have to wear masks!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I think you achieved your goal with your stitching... It turned out wonderful. And I, too, love that little Downy Woodpecker. So stinking cute! Also glad you were persistent in catching a shot of the red belly....I was just beginning to wonder why they would name them that LOL. Hope your week is off to a great start. ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Love your pictures of birds!