Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday Finish and Feathered Friends!

 

This week I finished my newest stitchery. The design was a freebie offered by Deborah Cade on Facebook. I love coloring in the design but I do wish I had more control over blending, was hoping to make it look more like a water colored piece. I also notice that red is a color that bleeds, no matter the medium, so I have to be careful when using reds since I have to damp it down to get rid of the blue lines.

I added a border and happy how it came out, something cheerful to chase away the winter blues. The design can be found on the Facebook group, Prim Folk Art Quilts and Projects.



And on the birding front, I finally got a chance to see the eagles in action. Unfortunately they were in the middle of the lake on a sandbar, so I was out of zoom range, but was able to catch them mating.



And when the male took off, I was able to get a closer shot as he flew by.



I enjoy birding and watching them in my backyard, but it is getting too cold to stay out for long. Today I watched from the window and spotted this young, female, Downy Woodpecker as she rested from the winds and then went a meal at the suet.



And sitting on the opposite side of the porch was this White Bellied Nuthatch. The wind was gusting and a few times they almost lost their grip, its a good thing they have those sharp talons.



And finally I finished a few more masks. A friend liked the ones I had sent her and wanted more, so I made a few before I found out that she wears bright and busy patterns, so I need to find something that is more toned down to match her outfits. 

I hope you all had a wonderful week and fun plans for the weekend. I am always on the go lately, so it is nice to be stuck inside, working on projects.



10 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love your latest stitchery. Out here in the desert SW, there is a preponderance of blue doors and blue trim (it's considered lucky). So I love the way you colored it. Wonderful birdie photos. The wee Nuthatch has my heart!

acorn hollow said...

nice finish and wonderful pictures. I am double masking now and have been I feel more secure.
Cathy

Kate said...

Fabulous photos Debbie!

my2siamese said...

how do I find Deborah Cade on Facebook. Does she have a company name? I love the pattern.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your bird photos are once again amazing. I am so impressed you know the names of them all. I'd know the eagle...but that's about it.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh those eagle photos are fantastic!! And, yup, I agree with Lauren....so very impressed how you know all these species and remember them. Cute stitchery! ~Robin~

Julie Fukuda said...

Before the days of digital cameras, I had really nice lenses for taking bird pictures. I have toyed with the idea of getting a digital body to use those, but keep wondering if I could manage to haul my camera bag around. Sitting here in my cold room, I am feeling for those birds fluffing up against the cold. Love your little stitchery.

Daisy Debs said...

Love your embroidery and I am completely blown away by your Eagles mating photography ! Beautiful !

Susan said...

All of your bird photos are magnificent! Your little house looks so cute, colored and stitched.

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE your bird pictures! So glad you get to see them and that you share them as well!