Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Finish , family and Feathered Friends!

 

This week I finished a couple of things. I have projects I am still working on so hopefully a few more for next week. Winter is always a good time to create and a nice way to spend the cold winter days.

A new month and a new stitchery from Kathy Schmitz. This one seems a bit like the others she has done, so I decided to make some little sachets with it. I wasn't as neat with these, but something small to finish in a few days and I can always use more sachets in my stash areas.



I also made up more masks. A friend liked the ones I had sent as a gift and ordered some for work. She works in a yarn shop so I did a few with yarn and a few regular ones, so she can match them to the day. She will be sending me some roving from the wool she has, to spin yarn with. I also had some dog fabric that I wanted to use and did 3 ply, way too thick so a bit sloppily made. The planets are for Nick of course, he loves glitter. The hearts I made to sell and they went, the minute I showed them on Facebook. One I made for me, with a satin lining.


We also spent a few hours with the boys. With the cold, it is hard to take them out for the day. We like to ride and explore and they get bored. So, we went to their house to visit and then took them out for milkshakes and a ride to the eagle lake. Unfortunately the eagles were not out, so they didn't get to see them, but Alex had to get out and play on the bouncy ride, they had at the beach.


Nick has a pet, if you could call it that, lol. He took it out to show me, how it comes out of its shell when he holds it. 


And I made a new friend. He was sitting in a tree and I expected him to take off when I came out, but he stayed, even when I walked up to him. I think he was just taking a break and when I came out again, with Bean, he sat and watched Bean as he ran around the yard.



He also gave me a show while he preened and puffed up his feathers. Puffing up like this, keeps them warmer in the winter. I feel blessed that I was able to enjoy seeing him and getting such wonderful photos of him. I hope you all had a wonderful week, and have a wonderful weekend. May you all be blessed with a little joy each day and good health in your household.



7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Always wonderful pictures and the boys are growing by leaps and bounds. Your masks are fun with all the fabric choices. I read somewhere that silk is the best barrier against covid in masks. Of course it is much to expensive but I wondered about lining the inside with the fabric from a recycled silk tie or blouse.
Love your finishes, I have lots of lavender in my stash area to keep the critters out.
cathy

Robin Leuschen said...

Sweet finishes. And those masks. I can’t believe that we now see masks as fashion statements. I do 🤪 yours look wonderful !!

Robin Leuschen said...

Sweet finishes. And those masks. I can’t believe that we now see masks as fashion statements. I do 🤪 yours look wonderful !!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is a great picture of your "new friend" staring at you...lol!
Have you ever kept count how many masks you have made? I bet it is in the hundreds ;-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's pretty large for a hermit crab, isn't it?? LOL. Your photos of he hawk are incredible. He looks quite "curious." Your little sachets are so very sweet. I'm not sure how they could have been done any more carefully....they look perfect to me. Stay warm and well ~Robin~

Olde Dame Holly said...

That was a mellow hawk!

QuiltGranma said...

Love those little stitcheries! Wonderful photos of that fluffed bird! Was he perhaps hoping you'd offer him some food?