Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Vacation in the fall!

 

We were able to take a few more drives this week and enjoy seeing some new places. Our first stop was a pond in Connecticut. When we got there I saw plenty of parking and a dirt road so we parked there and noticed a lot of old cabins. I assume when the state took over the property, the cabins were part of an old camp.



When we got to the end of the road we found a wonderful park with plenty of parking and a beautiful spot to picnic and enjoy the views of the pond. We will have to bring the boys here some day, I think they would have fun, running around.



Our plans were to go to the Connecticut River for a walk along a bike path, but as usual, we got off the beaten path and found places along the way that we stopped to enjoy. We never did get to the river but we enjoyed a stop at a town, we were passing through.

There was a nice park where we enjoyed views of the town and the foliage lined hills, along the way.



A train came by as we were walking in the park.



Since it was getting later, we headed back home and a spot I found on the map. It was a place called Eagleville pond, but no eagles. We did get to see a blue Heron.



Today, rain was predicted. I was almost out of apples so we headed to the orchards. We got two large bags full and since we had time, stopped at the hill to get a little upward hike in and a few views. I wasn't up to the full hike to the top, so maybe next weekend when more color comes in.

Tomorrow will be another day and I am not sure what we will do, it all depends on the weather. I hope you are all having a nice week and enjoyed following along with me as we explore new places in our area.



2 comments:

Carole said...

What a lovely vacation ... such beauty. Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great photos!! So fun to follow along on your hikes! I walk a great deal, but know I could never ever keep up with you two LOL. I so hope the colors hold up at the lake until next weekend as that is the first I will be able to get there. We are losing leaves and colors quickly now....but tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 70's!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!! Almost unheard of in Nod!!! ~Robin~