Friday, October 23, 2020

Friday Finish and Fun!

 

This week I finished one item that I had been working on. I thought it was a bit plain with the solid blue background, so I added some words and extras and it makes a fun wall hanging for Christmas. The design is a free pattern I got from Heart to Hands. 



I also made up a batch of masks. It seems the 3D is the best and my DIL loves that style and the blue, floral bandana, so I made her 4 from what I had left. I also tried some fun fabric I had for Halloween. My brain wasn't working too well and I cut in the wrong direction and meant to place a pumpkin in the front, but they still look ok. I have a lot of yardage of this print, so I just used a piece from the cut end, the rest will go into a halloween quilt or backing for next year.



Last week my son called to say they wanted to go out with us, so we had a family day. They wanted some family photos, but I think they need to not wear hats and gear for family photos, so once I get better at using the new camera, I can do some nice ones for their Christmas card. I also got lucky and a Great Blue Heron flew by and landed in a tree. He was high up and I didn't have a good area to shoot from, but I was able to get a decent shot. One thing with the new camera is it is photoshop ready, so editing comes out much nicer.



On Sunday Bill and I took Bean out for a hike. We went to a new park in Connecticut called Day Pond. It had nice large parking areas and we got a nice hike through the forest to a beautiful cascading waterfall.



I also have been enjoying the birds that are visiting. These were all near the feeder and the birds do not sit still for long. A cardinal, Carolina wren, Tufted Titmouse and a White Breasted Nuthatch, are a few of the bird species that visit.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy a bit of nature and the outdoors in your area.



5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I think the family photos are nice it makes them look relaxed with the kids. Your snowman hanging is wonderful. You get amazing picture of birds that is for sure.
cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Such a beautiful...and photogenic! family!! I am always in awe of your photos. The new park looks wonderful....I am amazed to see leaves on the trees there yet...our colors...and leaves...are long gone. We actually have snow on the ground...and tomorrow they are saying we will get more. We always get snow before Halloween, but it usually doesn't stick around long... This has...and I think it snowed some every day this past week. I compared photos from last year and we seem to be a couple weeks "ahead of schedule" this year. Boo hoo. LOVE both the fabrics used in the masks!! Happy Weekend.... ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Where did Autumn go? We've had a series of frosts, last night a hard one... Hubby forgot to plug in the heat tape on our intake hose (we're in a 5th wheel travel trailer) so we still do not have water here. Brrrbbb!rrrrrrrr! You got some sweet photos there! Ready for sharing!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love all your pictures and the snowman looks so happy with a decorative background.

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love your little snowman...he is so fat and jolly! Wonderful pictures of your son and. his family. Those boys sure are getting big! You live in such a gorgeous part of the country! Your photography is beautiful...great shots of the birds! Take care,Deb