Friday, April 26, 2024

Friday: Another unfinished project

 I am still working on my punch needle piece. I tried pushing it, but wore my arm out, so I had to take a break. I have a lot of projects I do want to finish and one of them is, a child sized quilt, I had made years ago. After I did the boat, I realized there is too much empty space.

Since it is for a child, I want to keep it simple, so I am thinking, a large cloud over the boat. Then I can do swirls in the sky and wavy lines at the bottom end. It would be good practice to get used to my new machine without getting too complicated with quilting. 

Taking a photo helps me to think on what would look good, on it. What would you do?



As usual, we spent time at the beach. Lots of birds are coming in and I see more, each time we go. I spotted this pair of ducks and thought they were a pair. But, a fellow birder told me, the green bill is an American Black duck and the other is a Mallard, both females. 



Jamestown is always a great place for birding, all types live in the bay and in the coves.



One day we went to Barn Island in Connecticut. It was a bit too windy, but we got a nice walk in and spotted a lot of shore birds. Lots of Great Egrets in the cove.



And we are spotting a lot more Snowy Egrets.



Lots of Greater Yellowlegs, hang out with the egrets and a new nesting platform in the cove.




Yesterday Bill took the day off, since he had extra hours. We went to the bird sanctuary for a walk and enjoyed seeing all of the birds that are coming in. My camera was acting up, so I lost a lot of photos to blur. Luckily, a reset fixed the problem. I hope you all have a good weekend and for those in the paths of the storm, safety from its wrath. 





3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love that little sailboat quilt and I actually would be happy with its simplicity as it is....but if you wanted to add something, maybe a seagull or two in flight in the upper portion? I am sure whatever you do it will be perfect. Those egrets are so pretty - they almost look "fluffy." The sandhill cranes have been making lots of noise and hoopla here but it's difficult to actually get sight of them. Wretchedly windy here...and storms moving in. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

The Greater Yellowlegs really do have some yellow legs...lol!

Fiona said...

Lovely as always to see your bird pictures..... you do get some lovely shots. We have been watching a TV series called Jamestown - about the first settling there. I am assuming it is the same Jamestown...
Hugz