Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday finish!

 

It took two days of constant stitching, but I finally finished my quilt. This quilt was made, years ago. I had originally made it too long, so I took a few rows out and added the border to make it more of a lap quilt. I had planned on quilting it last summer, so it would be done for my friend's birthday. Unfortunately she passed last spring, so I gave up on making it for a while, but decided I wanted to finish it now. She will not be able to receive it, but it will be my memory of our friendship over the years.

I used an AI program to add a different background, but it added a thin dark piece to the edge, so that is not really there, just the green border. 



Last weekend we went out for a ride around the beaches, something fun to do when the weather isn't great. We were able to see a few of the locals, while there.



On Sunday we went to the fish hatchery in Connecticut. They have cut down more areas, so there were more paths to walk around. We were lucky to spot the resident eagles in their usual spot on the telephone poles. 



Lots of birds in the area, but it was hard to get close enough without them flying away. Here are a few, I was able to catch and some scenes along the river. There was a new Osprey, nesting on a pole, the eagles were not too happy about it.



During the week we had a nice day, so Bill came home early and we headed to the point in town. Beautiful views of the bay.



And in that photo, in the far background to the right, this is what we came to see.



And this rock was loaded with seals. There were others on smaller rocks and in the water, so we got to enjoy watching them, even though they are far away.



And Bean got to enjoy the walk and playing in the bay. Way too cold, but he has no sense. I hope everyone got to enjoy their week and the eclipse. We had a good view from our porch and I was able to get glasses in time, to watch it. Enjoy your weekend and hopefully Spring will be staying this time.



3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

So very sorry for the passing of your friend. The quilt is lovely and I am sure she would have loved it.
Great pictures as always of your walks.
Cathy

Fiona said...

The quilt is beautiful and a lovely way to remember your friend....
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm so glad you finished that quilt and will have the memories of your friend to snuggle with in it. Oh lucky you to be able to watch seals play!! To me living here they almost seem like an exotic species LOL. I'm trying to think of any animal that lives here that doesn't live anywhere else and I really can't. I'm sure there must be, but it's a strange thought. ~Robin~