Friday, April 19, 2024

Working on Friday!


 I have really missed making punch needle pieces, so this week I decided to make one that has been on my to do list. It was gifted to me by my friend who passed last year. She has gifted me a lot of items over the years, as well as other friends, so I have a long to do list.

This is a design by Yvonne Buss and I like how it is longer, so I can make it into a long pillow or maybe mount it and make it into a key rack. This is the backside, and my hands aren't what they used to be, so not as neat, as I would like. I also am doing it in 4 strands, since using different sized punches will change the heights. I may do the background in a lower height so I can use 6 strands, so it will work up faster. It will depend on how it looks.



Last weekend we got out for our usual rides, this time with the boys. We took them on a walk at a park and then to the beach. They always have fun when we can get out and it is not too cold.



I also got lucky and caught the Great Egret, feeding near the road.



And in the parking lot at the beach, a flock of Brandts. A first for this area.



Before we headed home, we stopped at a small park and I was lucky enough to spot an Eastern Kingbird.



On another day we went on another beach loop and I caught several Ospreys nesting. Lots of birds are coming in this week.



And on the way home, we stopped to watch the surfers at Narragansett beach.



Today we stopped at the kids house to drop things off, but Nick had a sore knee from playing at a trampoline park, so after we dropped some goodies off for them, we headed for a ride to shop and around the beaches.

It was beautiful but windy and cold at the beach, so we just stopped for a look.



We got to see another Great egret in the marsh. They are usually too busy hunting for food, to care about us, watching them. Another day of rain tomorrow, so hopefully it will end early. I hope everyone is getting better weather and able to get out to enjoy the areas where you live. 



4 comments:

Lauren said...

That is one big punch needle piece! It is going to be a beauty.
Those are some die hard surfers. Bbbrrrrrrr 🥶🥶🥶
Rugs and Pugs

gracie said...

Wonderful pictures. thank you for sharing.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh I am loving that punch piece! I so have to get back to mine. I have a larger (for me) one that has lingered half done for years. I think I misplaced the pattern...or was it the floss?? Like you, a long. to-do list. Great bird photos. That kingbird looks a great deal like the funny king fishers I think. And the Brants are beautiful! Cold, windy, and gray weekend here. Snow yesterday. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I am going to try punch needle again at some point. Michelle Palmer does it very differently.
You got some really good pictures of the birds. Glad you had some good time with your grands they are growing fast.
Cathy