Friday, September 15, 2023

Weekly Wanderings!

 

This has been quite the week with activity. Vacations at home, are easier in one way and on the other, I still have to cook, keep the house clean, laundry and all the planning. So, I am exhausted and seem to be sick again, I think I got too much sun this week.

Our first day on the weekend, we went to Jamestown. It was too wavy and cool for swimming, so we did some beach combing and just enjoyed the cool air. I took this photo of the light in the fog and added a saying.



The next day, we went to the farm and picked up some veggies for dinner and checked out the animals.



After we headed to the ocean, to see the kite festival and go for a swim. The fog was heavy, so only a few kites and you couldn't really see them well. The fun was swimming in the ocean. The tide was up, so it was easier to get in and the waves were fun to surf in, I haven't done that in ages.



Monday we went back to the seaport. It was a nice day and we enjoyed seeing exhibits, we missed the last time.



We went into more buildings, but they were all musty, so I didn't stay in them, too long.



This is an exhibit we missed and will have to take the boys in this one, interesting and a bit creepy. These were on the bows of the old ships.



We took a break on Wednesday to get things done around the house and the next day we headed to a river that goes to the ocean. The sky was ominous but it didn't rain and the sun was out enough to keep it warm.



Along the way, we saw a lot of birds, still migrating so we have more than usual. 



Seen as we paddled, along the shores.



And at the end is the ocean. It was low tide and still going out, so we could go in the channel and float out to the end. A great place to rest and have a snack.



Of course the seagulls see people and see food, so we had company.



I enjoyed paddling so much, that we headed to another salt water pond at the southern end. We enjoyed the paddle, bird watching and some time across the dunes, at the ocean. 



Today we are getting winds from the storm, coming up the coast. We went for a ride to the south shore and walked along the beach. The wind was stronger and the sand was blowing on us, so we went to the end with more rocks and views of the breakers. I was able to get some shots of the surf and surfers who were brave enough to venture out. 

Tomorrow will be windy again and some rain, so a good day to rest. I haven't had any time to work on projects or energy, so I can work on finishing my halloween piece and cutting out the appliqués for my Christmas piece.

I hope everyone had a good week and not in the storms path. It has lessened, but it will still pack heavy winds and storm surges.



3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like your staycation was a good one. The figures on the bow of the ships is very interesting. Not much of the storm happening here right now Sat at 10:30.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

I know I've said it many times before, but you have the coolest places to explore!
Great shots of the surfers.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'd love to wander along on some of your wanderings sometime but know you would have only begun I'd have to stay put and wait for you to pick me up on your way back LOL. Love the boat/ship figurines...and that large ship docked! Those waves look angry. Wouldn't catch me in them. 😳 Looks like a beautiful fall weekend here albeit a bit cool. Enjoy yours! ~Robin~