Friday, September 22, 2023

Friday Finishes!


 I spent more time at home this week, so more time to finish things. The weekend looks like a washout, so no big outings for me. Today we went for a ride to the beach areas and I was surprised that the private ones, are still keeping people out, so I wasn't able to get to the long point for bird watching. It seems they are keeping parks and beaches open, longer this year. 

My first finish was my Halloween piece. This is another design by Cheri Saffiote for our Facebook group. It had several designs to put into a quilt, but I just wanted this and the other I made, for a set on my wall. As always, it was fun to do and add a few of my own touches. I added a quilted star in the left area, but hard to see in the photo.



The second project I did was a Halloween cat, done with needle felting. I started with a cookie cutter and then added a little more bulk and detail after I got the main shape, felted. I think I do better without a shape, it does limit me, but I wanted it for my wreath, it sits in the middle area.



Over the weekend we got out for a few outings. I am always watching the Semipalmated Plover and wondering what they find in the seaweed. Now I know, there are worms, that come in with the seaweed.



Another day we went to the forts on the island. It was nice to walk around and they cleaned up the area so more open spaces and better pathways to walk on. Beautiful views from the top. I hope everyone had a nice week and have a good week ahead.



4 comments:

annie said...

I love your little quilt! The photos are all good too! Except for the worm! ;)

TheCrankyCrow said...

I absolutely love your little pumpkin person! That plover looks like one cranky bird LOL. Weekend is a washout here too...absolutely has poured all day. More rain than we've had in the past 4 months combined. Yikes. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

love your pumkin person and your felted cat. Of course you always take the best pictures.
cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love your Halloween creations!