Friday, September 8, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

This week I was working on my second Halloween piece, but I still need to do the finishing touches and binding. I saw a cute needle felted candle and wanted to try it. Mine didn't come out, quite as well as theirs, but it is still a fun piece. 



Last weekend we went to the apple orchards with the kids, always a fun day out. I got a bag of apples and pears and picked up some nectarines at the shop, always a treat to get fresh fruit.



We also spent time at the beach, this day it was nice and calm and Bean got to enjoy swimming without the waves.



I also caught this juvenile Osprey, practicing his diving skills.



Today we went to the beach and the tide was coming in and the waves were crashing, but I was able to get a little swim in. I caught a few birds at the beach and my resident Hummingbird. She has decided she owns the feeder and chases off any others who come near her sugar water.

It looks like unsettled weather coming in, so hoping we get some nice days, since Bill took the week off. We will probably stay close to home and enjoy time at our favorite places without the crowds. 



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a sweet photo of Bean! I think your needlefelted candle is cute. I have been toying with an idea for felting for Halloween too but don't know if it will progress outside the thinking stage.... Hope the weather stays stable for Bill's week off. It sounds as though the east coast might be in for some turbulence. We have cooled down so the weather finally matches the dried vegetation. The drought has been especially bad here. I am finally beginning to feel fall-ish. ~Robin~

Shelley said...

I took a needle felting class for the first time on the weekend...a sheep πŸ‘ he's not done yet. I think your little guy is sweet! My goodness, Bean is starting to show his age...he looks so mature in this picture. Give him a hug from me😊