Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Finish!


 I had one more pillow to finish and I got that done today. It seems I have so much to do during the week and only so much energy, so not as much time to craft, as I used to. It is fun to do small projects, while I work on finishing the large ones and prep up the new projects.

This is another design by Deborah Cade. I found a sealed bag with left over balsam, so this pillow will be for Christmas. Most of my old ones are losing their smell, so time to make some new ones.



We were able to spend some time at the beach, a bit of beach combing, swimming and bird watching. I spotted a Cormorant who decided to come up on the beach to dry off. It is rare for them to come on shore, usually they are on posts or rocks. This one was quite the character, a juvenile who is learning how to be on its own.



I also enjoyed watching this seagull who was just hanging out on the rocks by us. He was enjoying the cool breezes.



And a treat to see this Oystercatcher, at this beach. It is always nice to go to this beach, less people and always a nice breeze, coming down the bay. I hope everyone enjoys the last days of summer, I can't believe how fast it went by.



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love seeing your water-loving birds...they seem exotic to me LOL. Summer has slipped by so quickly. I was a bit shocked when the weather said today would be 2 minutes and 56 minutes shorter than yesterday and that tomorrow will 2 minutes and 57 seconds shorter than today so in 2 days we lose virtually 6 minutes of daylight. Eeek. Enjoy while you can. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I love that you take so much time in nature. Your pillow is darling.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Summer is passing much too quickly. It is getting dark so early already!