Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

This week I worked on finishing my wall hanging, so now it is ready for quilting and binding, so almost done. I received the new and last design from Kathy's stitch club, so I decided to make that for fun. She has shut down the club, so now I am thinking, maybe it is time for me to try my hand at making my own stitch designs, so we shall see what I can come up with. This one was fun and easy to do, I love using fun colors in these.



Last weekend we took a ride to pick up some fabric and stopped at one of the beaches. It was a bit too crowded for me, and the water is a bit rough.



We decided to head over to the pond for a swim at the launch area. The water was a bit too warm, but still nice to get a swim in and I tried out the new paddle board. This one blows up, so we can keep it in the truck, so convenient if we stop at a beach when we go out for drives. I was able to paddle a bit, standing up, but much easier, sitting down.



We have been getting to the beach on the island this week, always nice to walk and enjoy the views. The water is a bit cooler than the ponds, so it is refreshing, as well. One day we rode around and caught this sailboat, taking visitors on a tour.



Another day the waves were too rough and the air a bit cooler, so I just enjoyed walking along the beach and collecting glass.



On the way home, we stopped at the local pond to see the Lotus, in boom. 



And the pieces I found during our visits. I am getting more picky with what I take, I like the old pieces and colored pieces, but some I take for art projects.

I hope everyone had a good week and enjoy their weekend. Our weather is getting nicer, less rain and not too hot, so hopefully it stays that way, the rest of the summer.



3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You have so many choices for getting to the water. What fun. Even though I am only a 5 minute walk from Lake Erie, I can walk from one end of the beach to the other in about 2 minutes ;-)

acorn hollow said...

Always nice stitching. You get out to the water alot good for you!!
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love reading about (and seeing!) your seaside adventures! None of that here. But, seeing you paddling like that makes my knees hurt just looking at it. I could manage that for a brief minute or two and then I'd be in all kinds of pain. ~Robin~