Friday, July 28, 2023

Working on Friday!

 

Not much going on this week. It has been so hot, that we have been staying home and out of the sun. On weekends, the beaches are so crowded, that it isn't worth going. One more day of heat and the weather will be better, so we can get out more.

I have been working on a new project. It is a design by Cheri Saffiote and I got it from the group, Quilts by Cheri on Facebook. I wanted something quick to work on, that I can use now and this was the perfect piece. It is actually a pillow, but I am making it into a wall hanging. With it being so hot, smaller projects are best.

I have also been practicing on my new machine. Free motion is something I need to practice to get the right speed. I am waiting on a table to fit it, so that should make it easier. I also like the idea of doing machine appliqué for kid's quilts and modern ones for the family.

I hope you all have a nice weekend. This seems to be the worst summer, lots of rain, then smoke, now high heat and humidity. Hopefully next month will bring better weather for all of us.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looks like a sweet piece Debbie - very Cheri-esque. We had severe storms come through last night and the night before. They brought a lot of wind damage (including to my beloved hibiscus that were loaded with buds) but also much needed rain. Pleasant summer day today finally. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

What a sweet project. The heat finally broke hete tonight thank goodness I am so over it
Cathy