Friday, July 7, 2023

Friday finish!

 

This week was a short one, with the holiday, so I never got a chance to work on my quilt. I decided to whip up a couple of rocks so I will have a stash to hide this summer. I tend to work on night when I am tired and my arm is sore, so I make a mess. I think I do better with paint, since I can go over mistakes and fix things, better than with the pens. 

I saw these designs on the web and had to try them, mine are definitely not as nice as the originals. Working on rough rocks, doesn't help.



We got to spend time at the beach on the island. It is nice since we can walk, collect glass and bird watch. I finally got a look at the new baby, you can see it hiding under mom.



And the dad, he wasn't happy when I got closer from the other side.



With low tide, I was able to walk further into the marsh area. I caught this Glossy Ibis.



And a Snowy Egret with it's catch.



We were able to get out for a paddle one day. We went out of the harbor and stopped at the breakers.



On the rocks behind Bill, I caught these two Cormorants. 




Since my arm was doing good, we went out into the bay and paddled to the town beach. It was a nicer place to swim and enjoy a snack. On the way back, the wind picked up and the smoke got heavier, so it definitely wore me out. But it was nice to be on the bay again, next time I will use my sea kayak, which is easier to paddle in rougher waters.



Another day we enjoyed glass hunting, the views and more birds. I seem to be finding a few large pieces of old brown glass, but no real treasures lately.



I also got another look at mom and her baby. The baby is still to weak to stand up for long, it was trying but kept falling over. While baby slept, mom caught up on her preening.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We didn't do much since it rained more, late in the day, but it was nice getting out when we could.




2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think your rocks are just fine and someone will have a real treasure when they find one.
That Glossy Ibis is a very strange looking bird.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I've given up on the rock painting.... I used to put several out but there are groups who scour areas and don't leave them to be found randomly by someone. I love those Glossy Ibis!! So exotic looking. It's cooled down here, but still no rain. ~Robin~