Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

I finally took the time to finish my Christmas quilt. The design is by Cheri Saffiote. I really enjoyed making this one and it will be fun to have more Christmas pieces to hang around the house. 



We try and get out when we can, it is either too hot or raining. One day I heard a screeching in the back field, so went out to investigate. I found this Red-tailed hawk, high in a tree, who seemed to be calling to its mom. I am still hearing it back there, so hoping it is just a noisy juvenile and mom is around somewhere.



We enjoyed days at the island, it is the quietest beach and I can swim, collect glass and watch the birds. I was finally able to see the new Osprey's in the nest, but the minute I got out of the car, mom started screeching and the babies ducked down. A couple were peaking out to see what mom was yelling at.



Later I went around to the side harbor and was able to catch them, from there.  This nest usually has 3 each year.



I also caught a Catbird who was singing along, next to the pavilion that was having a party with music.



The bay is the perfect place to spend the afternoon, even with the heat, the fresher air is always nice on humid days. A lot of boaters are out now and I saw this boat coming in, love the sails. I hope you all had a good week and not in areas with the bad floods. 



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Cheri's designs are just timeless I think. Nice finish Debbie and you're the smart one to be getting ahead of the holidays. It seems I am always a season or more behind. Those are some impressive sails! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your Christmas quilt is just too sweet!