Friday, July 21, 2023

Friday redo!

 

This has been quite the week. We had reservations for camping this weekend, but I ended up cancelling. We had decided to look at larger trailers and were told that we could get back what we owe on ours, plus get cash back. I decided to cancel the trip so we could get things going on a new trailer. Well, once we picked out what we wanted, they tell us we would get back less money, so it was a waste of time. 

I started a new project, so today I was able to finish cutting out the appliqués and the backing is all ready, so I can start that, this week. I redid an area that had a quilted piece in a frame, so that was my project this week. I added a little border and made it into a mini quilt. This is an old design I had done and have always loved it. 

Another thing I did, was buy a new machine. I got a Pfaff quilt expression 720. I was looking at a pricier one, but this one was on sale and just what I need to get my quilt tops finished. Now I need to list my quilter, so I can get back my space.



At home I have been seeing more occupied nests so the moms are busy feeding and more juveniles coming to my feeder. I saw my first Red Bellied young one, so hopefully it will get used to me and I can get a photo.



We also spent a few afternoons at the beach. The water is much warmer this year, but still cool enough to feel good on a humid day. We have a nice weekend coming up, so hopefully we can find places to enjoy without the crowds. We also have bad water quality from the rains at some ponds and the ocean beaches are littered with debris from the floods on the Connecticut river, that wash down into the ocean. 

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and nice weather. It seems we have all had a year of weather extremes.



2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Sorry things didn't work as planned.
I like your finished piece. Have a nice weekend
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sometimes old treasures are the best, no? The only birds I feed here are the hummingbirds. I always have 2 feeders on my front porch hoping that, by having two, there wouldn't be such territorial activity when more than one was around. I think the population of hummers here has tripled this year because I am refilling those feeders every other day - sometimes every day (and they are large feeders) and sometimes there will be 4 at the same time on each feeder. Enjoy your weekend - glad you have some better weather coming in. Our weekend is supposed to be pleasant as well although high temps coming back next week. ~Robin~