Friday, April 28, 2023

Working on Friday!

 I am still working on my summer quilt and making good progress. I did outline stitching around the sailors and will decide if I want to go around more, after I finish the other sections. I am also thinking it would be fun to, put little ties at their necks and a couple of buttons on the shirt, since it will be a wall hanging.



It has been a rough week, I lost my friend after a long battle. She was a dear friend and I will miss her. I was able to get out for a hike on Sunday, a good way for me to reflect and find my inner peace. 

We walked on a new path which was nice, but I did have to remove a few ticks that tried to crawl up my pants. I guess I need to stay off paths that have too much brush. It is land that had a few homesteads, so we found a lot of remnants of homes and the people who lived here.



It also had a few streams and a hike up a rock for a view of the surrounding area.



We also went back to the refuge that we took the boys too. This time we hiked the entire trail and a side trail. A beautiful place to walk that is close by.



Today we went to another bird sanctuary. This time it was teaming with birds and wildlife, so I was able to get a few shots of the birds.



We also met up with some critters, as well as more birds.



One of the older nests was being occupied by the female, while the male watched over things in a nearby tree. 



Here is a close up of the male. 



I also wanted to have something to remember my friend by, and her favorite color is purple. I saw this lilac bush and it was perfect. It was a nice way for me to process my pain, the day I heard and something I can watch bloom every spring.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have rain coming in so maybe some shopping and relaxing with my project. 



4 comments:

Fiona said...

my condolences.... it is hard when a special friend goes..... I love the lilac bush and great hiking pictures...
Hugz

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’m so sorry to hear this. Mourning is a long process. ♥️

Rugs and Pugs said...

I was so sorry to read of Cindy's passing. My heart breaks for her husband Greg.
We must be thankful for each and every day!

TheCrankyCrow said...

So very sorry to read the news about Cynthia... I hope you find peace in her passing in the days to come. The lilac bush is a lovely way to remember her - and it is so full of blooms! I just love those old foundations...and that lonely grave of the little one who passed so long ago. Heartbreaking and haunting, but beautiful all at once. The quilt looks like it is going to be so fun! More snow headed our way tonight/tomorrow. It is beginning to seem like it will never stop. ~Robin~