Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Finish!


 I was able to finish a project this week. A new design by Kathy Schmitz. I kept mine simple and decided it looked better as a primitive piece. It was nice to take a break from quilting and have something finished. 



Last week we took a ride around the ocean areas, even though it was so foggy, you could hardly see a 100 feet in front of you. I enjoyed watching the silly gulls, on the rocks.



And more of the gulls. The park is open to the ocean, so even with the fog, it was nice to sit and enjoy being out of the house.



Those photos were lightened, so this one shows you how foggy it was.




Today we went to the beach on the island. I enjoyed seeing all the birds, but most were being elusive. These guys were happy to pose for me.



A lot more boat traffic is happening now, with the nicer weather.



And we caught the low tide with no other people on the beach, so I found a few nice treasures. The dark pieces are green. I hope everyone had a nice week. Our weather is finally warming up, so I hope it is, in your areas as well. 



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great little pillow....I know the feeling of liking more immediate gratification - I think that is why I do so many smalls. Love the photo of the blackbird with the fog background....so moody. Our weather is still struggling. It's warmed a bit, but little to no sun. Today is again drizzly and gray and, of course, damp. Hope your weekend is good. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Fun little finish.
We have finally had a couple days of decent weather, but being only 2 blocks from Lake Erie it is much cooler than a half mile inland. At least I was able to get a little done in the yard.