Friday, February 3, 2023

Friday finishes!

 

I have been busy this week, making some new things and trying new things. I tried some new paint markers and enjoyed using those. Much easier than painting and I am able to do a few rocks in a few hours. I am making more rocks so I will have a bunch for when the weather warms up.



I also made another chick, this one came out bigger and fatter and definitely went too big on the eye. I got some new roving in a lighter yellow and it is perfect for chicks.



And I also tried resin casting. I have been wanting a way to showcase my sea glass and also make gifts and I thought resin, would be a good way to show it off. I tried a couple with items I would get upset about, if I messed up. 

I over filled the molds,  but I learned what I should have done, so hopefully the next ones will be better. I need to get thicker molds so I can use larger pieces of glass. 



On Saturday we went for a waterfall ride. We stopped at several, one closer to home and then into Connecticut.



On the way back, I told Bill to take a side road to see what we could find. I was surprised when we got to the end and saw an old ski area and then Stepping stone falls. We always come from the other end and never knew that the road kept going into Ct. Of course we had to drive down, the bumpy, rutted road to the falls, but well worth it. I got to try my new filter on the falls.



The waters were high and the normal path was flooded, so we went around to the other side, to get the traditional bridge shot. Something we have done, since I was a little girl.



 On Sunday we went to Ninigret bird sanctuary. We spotted a family of deer, hidden in the woods and a few birds in the area.



On Monday we went exploring. I wanted to grab some craft supplies, so we headed up to the stores and then headed to the eagle pond. No eagles, but this swan, seemed to enjoy having its photo taken.



We then drove into the old part of town, to check out the old mills. We were able to talk a nice walk along the River walk.



This old mill is being converted into condominiums. It was wonderful to walk along the falls and listen to the rushing water.

I hope you all had a nice week and enjoy the weekend. We have frigid cold weather for a few days, so I doubt I will be outside for long. Good time to stay inside and work on new projects.



5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Amazing pictures...all of them!

acorn hollow said...

You pictures are always amazing. Your resin project is very interesting. Will they be sun catchers?
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love those photos of the falls with the filter - they almost look like paintings. Very subtle, but very effective. And the old mill building with the reflection...WOW! I'd love to know what kind of paint markers you found for your rocks...I think I would do more of them if I didn't have to always haul all my paints out. I haven't done any in a long while. ~Robin~

Fiona said...

Lovely walks and photo's.... you have been busy.. I love the painted stones
Hugz

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Superb idea to resin your finds!
I love that. As usual, your photos are gorgeous