Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

This week I finished the sashing and started working on my wall hanging. Hopefully I will have it done next week. I also got a new mold to try. I have seen this pairing in wood and loved the design, so it was fun to try in resin.

You have to mix the resin properly and I think I didn't get the ratio right for the hardener, my piece is still too soft. The arm and body start to sag down if I leave it up, so hoping if I let it sit, it will harden up. I also tried a little dye which was fun. I got the cheapest type since I am experimenting and maybe not enough, learning as I go. I wanted to make the lady, look like a mermaid, maybe a bra top for the next one, lol. I have tons of small browns, so perfect way to use it on the dog. Later I will add a sea glass eye. 



Over the weekend, we spent some time at the beach. It was a bit chilly, but fun to walk and find a few treasures.



On Sundays we like to go to Connecticut, since hunting is not allowed on that day. We went hiking at a park near the Hatchery, but no eagles. It was a beautiful walk and lots of woods, so we did see a lot of Woodpeckers. There is a stretch on the water, but no warm enough to stand still for long.



During the week, the kids came to visit, while the parents had a day out. The boys are always a joy to have and they both enjoyed working on a puzzle. 



Nick gave the thumbs up, after Alex put in the last pieces. I hope everyone had a good week and not the bad storms coming in this weekend.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your resin piece is fun...but, yeah, maybe a top next time LOL. Love that photo of the sunset and the water - so peaceful. We had a big storm this Wednesday/Thursday - 15" or so of snow...and then several more inches last night. It's so strange to look at other people's photos and not see any snow. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Yes...your next mermaid needs a bra...lol!