Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday Finishes!


 I hope everyone had a nice week and found time to craft. I was able to finally finish my newest piece, from the stitch of the month club. Just in time for Valentines. I added a few of my own touches and think I might do a little quilting around the border.



I also wanted to make a new coat rack. My old one has been knocked down, too many times and isn't strong enough for coats. This way when guests come in, they can hang their coats at the top of the stairs. I found rustic railroad spike, hooks, on Amazon, so Bill made a basic prim board to put them on. And, I got to put my church cat up, finally.



Last week we did our usual ride around and explored a few waterfalls. We met up with the kids and spent some time at their house, always nice to spend times with the boys.



At home, the red squirrel who lives next door, has been coming over for his fill at the feeders. He is so fun to watch and starting to get used to me.




I also enjoy watching the White-breasted Nuthatch, but they never stay still, always busy.



Luckily, all the birds and squirrels seem to be able to outsmart the hawks. This Red-Breasted Hawk, came into the yard to hunt, but once he saw me watching, he took off and went to a high tree in the back field.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend. We had a beautiful day today, but were stuck waiting for an estimate on a new sewage ejector pump and they didn't get here till after dinner. It seems everything is starting to go lately, luckily we have some savings to pay for it. Last week it was radon, Bill got a detector and ours is above the level, so we go that system put in. Hopefully nothing more major comes along.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your coat rack is wonderful...you are a woman of much creativity. And, of course, I love your sweet church cat. Perfect place for him. Milder temps here but WINDY! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Perfect spot for your church cat applique!