Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Working on!

 

Another slow week, seems there is too much to do in a day and not enough time to craft. I am sure my afternoons at the beach is eating into that time, but time well spent. I have been working on my wool piece. I have to set things down and make sure everything is straight, sew a few things on and redo things for the next ones. 

The lighthouse looks off, but there will be a building on the side, so that will get hidden. I also do not like how the rocks look on the left. That is the layout, but I am thinking, I would rather take it out and make my own rocks to put there.



Last weekend we went to the beach and walked up and down the shoreline, not a lot on this day but it was a nice walk.



On the way home, we stopped at a Land Trust area to see what it was like. We ended up walking around the base trails. It was a nice area and a lot of trails we can explore on another day. It was the site of a mill, then a Girl Scout camp.



Today Bill got home earlier, so we spent the afternoon at our favorite new beach. Rarely anyone there and it has expansive views of the Newport shoreline.



The tide was coming in and the waves were splashing up large pieces of glass. Lots of greens today and the bottle top in the left corner, was a nice find. Pieces like that will be used in a display, I just like looking at those. I have been looking at shadows boxes for the darker pieces, something I can do art in, or display with light behind them, so you can see the color.





And another fun find at that beach, a Clam worm. I shot it with my iPhone and was glad it came out, so you can see a sea critter that lives in our bay. They are also used as worms for fishing.




At home I have been enjoying the spring migration. My regulars are coming back and the hummingbird is back. I was thrilled to see the Goldfinches are back. The Osprey is a shot on the way home from a beach day, he was enjoying a fish in a tree off the road.

I hope everyone had a good week and fun plans for the weekend. I am still fighting off a cold and my son said his is still hanging on, so hopefully we are both ok for next weekend. Nick will be taking his first communion and I found my son's silver cross that I had given him on his first communion. I polished it and plan on giving it to him that day, to wear.



3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

You must have a box of sea glass at this point. Always nice views at the beach. Your stitching looks great. I still work 4 days a week so there is never enough time.
hope you feel better
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your applique piece is looking great Debbie! Every time I see it, I think about the ones I have been meaning to get to for years now. Ugh. Like you said, just not enough time to stitch, hook, and play. But I'd give up several hours of the stitching and hooking too to play on the beach. As always, amazing photos....but that clam worm?? ICK!! Looks like a greatly oversized centipede or silverfish and I despise both LOL. LOVE that heart shaped rock. I think I would only collect heart shaped pieces.... Ha! Who am I kidding?? I like the idea of a lighted display to show the colors. Windy, cold, and rainy here....The rain is being driven in sheets. I am hoping to take care of some absolute "gotta-do's" and then stitch a little. A rare treat for me as I seem to think I can only stitch, hook, read, etc. in the evening hours. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

That clam worm is pretty disgusting! How big is it?