Friday, April 8, 2022

Friday Finish!

 

A new month means a new design by Kathy Schmitz. This year she is doing another contest where we can make at least 8 of one type of item, from new or past designs. I have decided to go with hot pads, since they are fun to make, I have a ton of Insulation-brite and I will have gifts to give to friends and family members.

The original design is a robin, in red shades, I have gone with actual colors for mine. It also had a thistle type flower on some tops, but for some reason my brain stopped working and I traced them into smaller leaves. Mine is all leaves since I colored them before I realized my mistake. It still looks nice with all the green and the robin and I have a few nieces who love birds.



Last weekend we got a day with the boys. The weather was nice, so we took them to the Umbrella Factory, which is a throw back to the 70's. The boys got to pick something out in the shop and we walked around the grounds. They have Emu's and Chickens that roam about the property. 



We stopped at a couple of beaches and the boys had fun on one beach looking for treasures.



At another they enjoyed the playground. Nick ended the day, telling me he had a good day, which always makes my day.


And we got to spend a few afternoons at the beach. I enjoy the afternoons when the tide is just right to find treasures that get thrown up with the tide.

This week I will be getting ready for Easter. I have gotten the boys a few small toys and candy eggs to hide for our Easter hunt. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like usual, you've packed a lot of adventure and fun into your past week. I think this little hotpad is one of my very favorites you've done...could it have something to do with it being a Robin??? 😉 The Umbrella Factory looks like a fun place to visit...but, whoa...is that really green things growing?? Today was the first day it hasn't snowed in a many, many, days...we actually had sun! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

The boys are growing fast. You must have a giant container of glass at this point. Are you making anything from it? We are having our large Easter this year but daughter has offered to host yeah I will help and but so nice to not have it here.
Cathy