Friday, April 22, 2022

It's Friday!


 I didn't get anything finished this week, busy with Easter, the boys and beaching. We had a nice Easter with the kids. I kept dinner simple but nice and made my son's favorite, Delmonico Potatoes as a treat. Before Dinner we had an Easter egg hunt, which the boys loved. I put two of each item in one place so they can each take one.



After dinner, we went to the school playground to run off their energy. 



Alex loves to show off and getting too brave for his size.



Since they had the week off, they spent an afternoon with us, while their parents got things done. We took them to the new beach I found and Nick was thrilled to find so much glass. Even Alex gets in on the fun of finding pieces.



Speaking of new beaches, we went to the beach on Saturday. The plan was to spend a few hours at the beach and then come home to get ready for Easter. We hit our regular beach and then I decided to go to the diving beach to use the bathroom and see what was on the beach, and found quite a few pieces. Then as we were leaving, I wanted to try an area I thought might have a good glass beach and we hit pay dirt. There was so much that I left half of it there and just took the better pieces. We got quite the haul with 3 beaches.



And today, we went back to the new beach. The tide was just going out and I walked up and down the shoreline and picked up what was being thrown up. I even spotted some large pieces sitting in the water, glad I had on my thermal boots. We stopped at our regular beach before we went home and I found some nice blues, and some old greens. We even watched a snail as he made his way back to the water.

I guess I need to start making some things with all the glass I have found. Some things I end up putting in the junk box, I may use the large chunks of pottery in the garden. Have a wonderful weekend.



5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

looks like a fun time as always with the boys. and a good easter. Fun picture of the snail.
I was wondering what you were going to make with all the glass.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wowsa...such an amazing haul of glass!! And, yes, I am patiently waiting to see what you do with it all LOL. Delmonico potatoes are a favorite around here too.... I used to make "funeral potatoes" but had to switch things up to accommodate Little Crow's girlfriend's Celiac disease. I do miss the breadcrumbs on top though. ~Robin~

Fiona said...

looks like a lovely time with the boys....
Hugz

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What fun! I love that you’re leading the grandkids into an appreciation for being in nature. I think next year I will organize an adult Easter egg hunt. Never too old… happy spring!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I cannot begin to imagine how much glass is in the ocean considering how much you find every time you are out...and that is just one small stretch of ocean. It is much harder to find on Lake Erie's beach near me.
The boys are getting so big.