Friday, September 3, 2021

Friday Finish!

 

This week I was finally able to finish the quilt I made for the kids. I had to wait for my finger to heal more so I could do the quilting on the border. They got it tonight and loved it, so that made me happy. Hopefully I can get more quilting down now that it is getting cooler.

The design is by Kathy Schmitz and I added the extra hearts in the corners, to fill in the empty space. 



Here is a close up of the quilting, I used a darker green that blended nicely with all the colors. I like to hand quilt to give gifts, that personal touch and only use the machine for the border piecing.



And we spend time at the beach. Higher tides which are nice for swimming.



The surf was also rougher so most glass that I found was thrown up as I walked. The beach is becoming more popular with collectors so they clean the beach before we get there.



And School has started. The boys got their first day photo and no way to get out since their road was flooded. It was so bad in their area, they closed the school too. Today they were able to go and I heard that Alex cried when he had to leave Nick, he loves his big brother.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. For us it means too many people and backed up traffic at the beaches, so we will find some quiet places, inland.



7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

That family tree quilt is absolutely wonderful Debbie!! What a treasure for the boys for all their lives. I love your hand quilting...so few actually do that now days. Is that a little toy truck you found in your beach combing treasures?? I love it LOL. I finally made it up to the lake...it is cold and miserable with a wicked wind coming off of it....Very empty and deserted....here, summer is over. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

To many people at the mountains too ugg it while get quiet after this for a couple of weeks and the peepers begin! I love your quilt what a wonderful gift. Nice the boys are so close.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is still quite the haul of glass! One day you must show us how much you have.
Such a sweet pic of the boys. So sweet they are so close.
Family tree quilt is a treasure for sure.
Happy Labor Day ;-)

Susan said...

That's still a nice collection of glass you gathered. Lots of color.

Kris said...

Love the designs and colors, I love how the pattern ideas are put together. You are amazing. Hope to have this kind of talent. new orleans general contractor

Thanks for sharing.

Patricia said...


Hey,
I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.


Olde Dame Holly said...

I love hand quilted items. Such a labor of love and also I think it gives a more unique, authentic look, too. Your g'kids look very ready for school!