Friday, September 10, 2021

Friday Finish and Fun!

 

Another week has come and gone, seems they get faster every year. I worked on a few things this week, one I finished and one needs some finishing. I wanted a case for my sunglasses and I wanted to try a little wet felting.

I used a design I saw on the internet that was a watercolor painting so I could use some of my pretty colors. I didn't use soap, just water and I rolled it with a bumpy cup, so not true wet felting but it did tighten up the fibers more. Since it will be in my purse, I wanted it to be tighter so it wouldn't fuzz up on me.

I kept it simple and added some glitter thread. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it will do.



On the weekend, we got the boys most of the time. Dad was building a shed and needed our car, but we were able to get to the beach one day and the boys had a blast. Nick loves to hunt for glass and Alex loves helping him.



Alex loves playing in the waves and surfing more, so he spent most of his time in the water. 



Of course I found lots of treasures of my own. We try and get to the beach after Bill gets home. It is nice to get out without the crowds and in the fresh air, while the weather is nice.



And I went car shopping. I wanted a jeep, something small for me and something we could pull behind the RV. Well, it seems all the dealers are out of jeeps and they only have used ones, which have high mileage and high prices, so this is what I ended up with. Lots of things to learn but it is so much nicer for me, than the truck. It is all electric, so I can drive around and charge it at home. It will be nice not to pay for gas and it is so quiet, I have to remember it is running, lol.

I took the photo offline, I forgot to take one of mine. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congrats on the new ride! Pretty spanky! A friend of ours is a Jeep dealer in town...I'm sure he could have found you one...but your "substitute" looks like it will be even more fun. I love your glass case! I haven't felted in ions... I probably should just get rid of my felting supplies and call it done. Sigh. You need to show us more of what you do with all that wonderful sea glass!! (Just so we can all be even more envious LOL) ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on the new car. It will be interesting to hear how you like the electric vehicle.

Susan said...

The eyeglass case looks amazing. Since I'm not blinded by the idea you had in mind, I think it's wonderful as it is. Beach time sounds like fun, and what a snazzy car!