Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday Finish and Finds!

 

This was quite the week with the storm, but we made it through without any damage, but we did lose power for 2 days. It was a good week to work on a project so I whipped up some mini sachets that I could work on. It is still hard to do things with my finger but where there is a will, there is a way, lol.

I enlarged it a little since these were minis, perfect for little sachets I can add to packages.



We went to the beach, before the storm rolled in. Beautiful time to enjoy the cleaner air that storms bring in.




The storm bought in a lot of seaweed, hard to find glass under all that mess.




The next day, the beach was a lot cleaner. The temps have been on the humid side but always cooler at the beach.




And of course I found some treasures, quite a few large, old pieces.



And another problem with storms, fledglings fall out of their nests. I found this young Robin on the ground so I put her in the old feeder. She is gone now and the parents were around, so she will be taken care of, no matter where she is hiding.

I hope you all made it through the storm without any damage and have a wonderful weekend.



7 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Glad you made it through the storm without a lot of damage. Full moon and high tides must bring a lot of collectables on to the shore. Your minis are just precious. I hope your finger will recover quickly.

Lady Locust said...

I absolutely love those little sachets! And I always feel for the critters when there is a severe weather event. Glad the robin is okay.

acorn hollow said...

those poor little babies...
I love your punch needle I need to think about getting back to that.
I am interested in what you are going to do with all your glass.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww....poor baby.... Glad to know she/he will likely be ok... And glad you all came through the storm unscathed. We have had tons of rain...again...and there is water in the basement...again! :-( Gah! Last night some bad storms rolled through and there was actually a lightening strike inside the house. YIKES! Scared the dickens out of me. Love your little punched sheep!!! You've always had a gift with fiber arts of all kinds, but your hooking and punching have always been my favorites. And what great finds in the glass department!! Of course I am partial to the heart-shaped pieces. ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

I love those sachets, can I be on your gift list? Just kidding, but Wow, lots of work, and nice!

Kris said...

Love the designs and colors, I love how the pattern ideas are put together. You are amazing. Hope to have this kind of talent. gutter contractor baton rouge I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs. I will visit once more.

marketer said...

Hey,
I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.