Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday Finishes!


I hope everyone had a good week, and wasn't effected too much by the storm. We got a lot of wind and a tree in the back lost a big limb, but nothing major and we kept our power.

With the heat, I spend more time inside and that means more time for projects. I made up a project I had been wanting to do, by Cheri Saffiote that was offered free on her Facebook page. Even though she is no longer with us, she is with us in spirit and through all those that loved her and continue to make her patterns.

I did mine with a bit of blue and red so that it will work for summer and into the fall. I decided not to antique it, since it might wash out the lettering, and make it hard to see.



I also made a pillow, getting an early start on Christmas presents. I have a few friends who like Santas and this was a fun piece to make. I used colored pencils and some glitter thread to the clothes and the star. I am not sure if I will antique it, I can always do that later, but it will depend on who I give it to. This was a free design by Old Green Cupboard, offered on the Facebook group, Mystery Quilt Sew Along.



Our weekend trip was good and bad. The spot was perfect, nice views of the water. The bad was, it was hot and the sun was beating on us most of the time, even with the tarp. It is a pull through so less space on this one and no place to put the screen tent. It was also low tide, during the day, so the pond was full of people, clamming. So no paddling but we were able to walk around in the water and let Bean play. I think this camp is best to go, off season, so we can enjoy the area without the crowds and go to the beach with Bean.



Another good was, we could sit at our site and enjoy the sunset, without having to take the rig to the beach. This is a good place to go, to relax and I do have the same spot for next spring.



Another good thing is that it is a great place to bird watch. We saw a lot of birds zooming by and the Ospreys carrying fish back to their nests, but I was not quick enough to catch them. I was able to find the little bird who was chirping in the tree, behind us.



He was in a nest and that day, he decided to leave the next and practice flying from branch to branch. But he is still young, and his mom was close by and bringing him plenty of insects for dinner. It was nice to get away but we ended up coming home early the next day, it was just too hot. This weekend I just want to stay home and relax and maybe take some time to start my painting.


6 comments:

Monique said...

Nice works and wonderful trip!
Hugs
Monique🐾🐾

julieQ said...

What lovely bird pics!! I too love anything Cheri...your pillow is so fun!

acorn hollow said...

you accomplished a lot this week and great pictures of the birds. I hate the heat but the last few days have been very pleasant but I see the light changing and we all know what that means.
Cathy

Jacqueline said...

Hot here too this weekend. We had a cooler week and that spoiled me. Fall is my favorite time of year and I hope we have along glorious season this year.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww....I miss Cheri and her wonderful spirit. What an inspiration she was and continues to be. I love that photo of Mama Robin and her "baby." Our babies left the nest last week.... I always worry after them the first few days. Sorry to hear your outing was hampered by the heat. We are sticky here as well....and more of the same tomorrow they say...with strong storms mixed in there of course. But, I'm at the lake and enjoying a "hook-in" of my own LOL. ~Robin~

Susan said...

Your finishes are wonderful, as are all your photos. You do a great job with your camera. That Class C looks like the perfect size for me. I'm sorry it was so hot, but I'm still jealous that you have a way to go. =)