Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday this and that!


No finishes this week, mostly things I am working on. One is the fall table topper, I am hand quilting it, so that might take a few weeks. I also seem to have gotten something, a flu, covid who one of my many weird problems, but I have meds and they are taking care of, whatever it is. Of course this is the week that Bill took off and now we can't go on any trips, just in case. But we can do day trips and with the trailer, I am self contained.

One item I am working on is, a needle felted angel. I wanted to try making one by using a cookie cutter to start, for the shape, but I think I prefer making them on my own. I would have rather made a more artistic angel and had better wings, but it is not too bad and I will add arms and change it up more as I go.



And this is where I stopped with my angel. Having a photo helps me to see what I need to fix and what I want to do. I think I made her look a bit pouty, doesn't match love too well, lol.



 I also enjoy watching the birds that come to my yard, I have three Downy Woodpeckers that visit and they like to chatter at me, they keep me amused.



And a new Cardinal today, have never seen this one. I have a pair that stays here and the male will not let any others in the yard, so was surprised to see it, so it may be one of their young.



And I was able to find some new fabrics, some I found at Joannes along with heavier white for the lining. This batch I found at a local quilt store, she had a lot of nice girl fabrics but not as much for boys. I wanted to get some fun ones for the boys and I can donate the extras.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have rain tomorrow so I will stay home and rest and then I am hoping we can get over to Newport for some walks at the sanctuaries and picnics at the parks.


3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Both your angels are looking great...I know you will add your artistic touches to the needle felted one as you go... It's been a long, long, time since I've needle felted. I had a cat who was obsessed with anything and everything I felted, so many things I did ended up as cat toys LOL. And, I never walked away until I drew blood. Just a klutz I guess. Great bird photos as always.... I am just not a good photographer....One of the eagles was in a nearby tree a few days ago....just sitting there....and I got a few photos, but they are mediocre at best. Well, have a good weekend! I keep forgetting it's here already for some reason. And hope you feel better! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Gee I hope you feel better have you been in contact with anyone with Covid? Your projects are wonderful as always and your bird pictures and just great. We stopped feeding the birds for awhile they were making a mess of things I will go back to it when the weather turns cold again
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your bird pictures are always amazing!
I think your pouty angel is great.
Feel better soon.