Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday Finish!


I hope everyone's week went well, with all the bad things going on in the world right now, we all need to find our peace and joy, in our own lives. For me it is crafting and watching the birds in my yard.

This week I finished a Christmas stitchery, made from a freebie by the Facebook group, Love and Hugs from Australia. When I saw this design, I thought of my pet sitter. Since she lives with her parents to help them out, this is something she can put in her room, without taking up too much space. I added my own touches and glitter threads on the clothes and borders, but it doesn't show in the photo.



I also too the time to work on my painting. My brain and arm are not in the best of shape, so I have been base coating to see how I like the colors and something I can change if I want. I have some plans to change it up, but I never know how it will turn out till I am done. The colors are flat looking so I put the photo into a sketch filter, for fun. Once I get the face done and the rest of the colors, then I will decide if I want to change anything. This will be for my bright, happy, room, so I want to keep the colors more bright in this piece.



I am still trying to get a photo of the hummingbirds. This female spent the week watching the feeder and chasing off all the other hummingbirds. She has even buzzed me a few times, since she is getting used to me, being on the porch. Of course I couldn't get the clarity I wanted with he constant motion.



And then I decided to change my settings to get better motion shots and of course, the birds decided to stop moving. With the action setting, I don't get the clarity on still shots. This time the male has taken over the watch and chases the others away. I think I need to get another feeder and put it to the other side of the yard. I think with all this heat, there are not as many flowers and they are all coming to the feeder.

Have a wonderful weekend and may you all be blessed with good health and happy moments in your life.


6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

this is the warmest summer I have remembered in a very long time. I am loving the cooler nights. I love your piece for your pet sitter perfect gift. and wonderful painting.
so far we are all healthy. Of course the town where I work has a college 4 students have tested positive and one staff and college hasn't even started yet.
take care
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your bird pictures are amazing!

Karen said...

Oh, I am loving that angel design!

TheCrankyCrow said...

You are your own worst critic LOL...I think your photos of the hummers are incredible!! And I love, love, love, your angel painting!!! Sweet gift for your pet sitter.... Hope your weekend has been good so far. ~Robin~

Julie Fukuda said...

Thanks for the pictures, I love your creative pieces and those birds that I miss so much. I think of the hummers walking past gardens with flowers they would love ... and the Ohio Cardinal is grand.

Deb said...

Love the Snowman and pets embroidery it's going to make a lovely gift. Your painting is looking great.