Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday Finish!


This week I worked on my painting and got more done, but I also drop my brush so much that I make a mess and have to fix the blobs of paint that I drop, lol. I decided to take a break and give my arm a rest, so I worked on a new stitchery. Yes, I agree, I do not know how to rest, but a brain break to think about my next steps on the painting.

The new stitchery is done with a design by Kathy Schmitz for the One Stitch Club. I do love pieces with inspirational words and this was a fun one to make. I colored the bee but the new colored pens seem to bleed more than the ones I get in the craft store, I don't think they are the same quality. So, a bit of black went into the yellow but I can live with that.

I like making pillows, something I can sell or gift and most people have room for a little pillow, more than a wall hanging.



I also got to spend last Saturday with the boys. The kids dropped them off so we took them to the island. We started with the diving beach, since most people are boating or diving from that spot, so there were only a couple of people on the beach. The boys loved playing in the water, even though it was cold.



After the beach, we drove over to the picnic area and found a nice big spot to park the rig. The boys loved having all that space to run around in and a picnic lunch in the trailer.



After lunch we went for a walk to the old forts. The boys loved exploring the forts and seeing all the graffiti, luckily Nick noticed the drawings more than what some said, lol. It was nice to spend the day with them and Nick told me he had a good day, which makes my day. I hope everyone is doing well and save from the fires, illness and able to spend time with your families.


6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

So far so good fro us rug now but the college is coming back and there are 5 positives already. The boys always look like they have a wonderful time with you. Just boys being boys.
Love your pillow you are always very productive
Cathy

sandi s said...

I love seeing what you made! You do wonderful work. I love hearing and seeing where you all go and the grands always look like their having fun. Take care. Hugs,

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your pillow is wonderful! I love the ruffle/fringe, not seen anything like that before! I am working on the same stitchery but all in black that too will be a pillow! Kathy Schmitz designs are really fun to stitch!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww....I love your bee pillow Debbie!! That's a fair amount of stitching! I am always amazed at how quickly you do things! (And actually get the completely finished...unlike me. That beach area looks beautiful....what a view with the boat in the distance....and the shore rocks. (I guess I have a thing for rocks LOL). Hope you've been having a good weekend. I am at the lake again....rained most of the day yesterday, and more is forecast for today. Oh well....gives me time to catch up on inside things. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are making so many memories. Priceless.

Karen said...

I was going to ask how you colored the bee but got my answer.