Monday, November 25, 2019

Monday Finish and Fun!


I finished a piece on Friday night, so today I can show it to you. I made this months ago, but never finished it, so I decided to leave it as is, and make a pillow. I meant to tone down the snow, but forgot, but I am still happy with it, it was a big piece to work on.

The design is by Michelle Palmer and is 10" x 8".


This weekend was cold, so we went for a ride to Connecticut to do a little shopping and watch the ferrys at the point.

On the way to the point, I spotted this guy in a nearby pond. It is times like this, that I wish I had a larger zoom.


One place I love is the thrift shop, I found some fun goodies. I like buying little things that they boys can play with and not worry about breaking, the total cost was four dollars, can't beat that deal. The house is a music box and the santa flies around it, Alex loves watching it.


And to end my weekend, the boys stopped by for a late Birthday dinner. The boys gave me the best present ever, hand made cards and a mug that brings a smile, every time I use it. And that is about how I look and feel in the morning, haha. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday week.


9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful finish as always. Good find at the thrift store with the santa! I bet the kids love it.
Cathy

Kate said...

Your pillow is beautiful! Don't you just love the thrift store treasures!?!?!?! The cards and mug from the grandsons is so special.

Rugs and Pugs said...

The handmade cards are treasures!
Michelle has some wonderful patterns. Your pillow is too sweet.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Fiona said...

ha.. that mug is perfect!
I love your little pillow, I remember that lovely little design.... it's come up so great in the cushion
Hugz

Lady Locust said...

I love your pillow! You never cease to amaze:-) Those grands of yours are dolls - and I don't just say that. What a special birthday.

Susan said...

I like the snow in it. That's how it looks in Tennessee - bright and white!

PaulaB quilts said...

Here’s wishing you a belated happy birthday. It sounds like it was delightful.That looks like a great grey heron in the tree. I saw one sitting for an hour in the tree outside our house when we lived in Washington state near the water. He finally took off. I’ve never seen another one. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family.

Julie Fukuda said...

That finish is just the greatest. Belated Happy Birthday, So nice to share with family.

Play bazaar said...

Apne rab se yahi faryaad karte hai, Umar hamari bhi lag jaye unko, Kyoki hum unko khud se zyada pyar kaarte hai play bazaar satta king