Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday Finishes!


This week I was able to make two items and one is a freebie. The freebie is offered by Michelle Palmer on her facebook page, Michelle Palmer Artist. She offers one each year, and I love this new one. It was fun to do and can be done in primitive wools or bright wools.

The stocking is about 9" tall. I think it makes a nice gift that you can add some candy to, or some lip balm, etc. You can find the pattern at the link above. You can see a little shading on his head and tail, I used walnut ink but it faded as it dried, so I can add a little more.



My next piece is a design by Kathy Schmitz for her One Stitch Club. I decided to do it in Christmas colors,  on a tea towel,  perfect for a gift.



This week I was able to get in a beach day. Bill has his laser surgery and a late appointment the next day, so we got in a  few hours at the beach. I got  quite a few nice treasures, that large chunk is an old green piece and the larger rock would make a nice shape to do a nativity scene.

Do you see that smaller dark piece above the green and yellow one?



Well, I got a nice surprise when I put it to the light and saw that it was a piece of red glass with a gold decoration on it.  I almost threw it away, thinking it was a piece of a new bottle.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and not snow bound. It is colder here, but it will be sunny.




8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You amaze me at how you have at least one or two finishes a week.
That stocking is too sweet.

Lady Locust said...

Good week! Your stocking turned out gorgeous! And a great day at the beach!

Julie Fukuda said...

What a charming little finish! You make the best of any time you can gather.

acorn hollow said...

that stocking is so sweet. Good find on the glass! You must have quite a bit at this point.
Cathy

Lelia said...

Nice haul from the beach! I'm lucky to find one or two glass bits ; ) Beautiful projects, thx for sharing.

Saundra said...

An adorable stocking!!!!

Allie said...

That stocking is so darling, and I love your stitching! Great gift!

Fiona said...

The little stocking is gorgeous, and thanks for the link.... hope Bills' laser surgery goes well.… what a fun glass and gold find... looks like it could be part of a a jar. I love the Christmas tea towel stitchery too....

Hugz